MTB Baggies - what, where?

nox1111

1 hour ago, Rocket-Boy said:

I have never really understood baggies for MTB, unless you fall a lot and need something durable then bibs will always be more comfortable.

Is it because cool kids cant be seen in tight fitting stuff? worried your package is on show?

I swam competitively for years so maybe being used to standing around in a speedo made me immune to people's opinions...

What I dont understand is why baggies without padding.  Is the idea to wear a bib with it, or are you guys just "harde gatte"?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, TheoG said:

What I dont understand is why baggies without padding.  Is the idea to wear a bib with it, or are you guys just "harde gatte"?

Yes, you have a bib underneath the baggies.

1 hour ago, Rocket-Boy said:

I have never really understood baggies for MTB, unless you fall a lot and need something durable then bibs will always be more comfortable.

Is it because cool kids cant be seen in tight fitting stuff? worried your package is on show?

I swam competitively for years so maybe being used to standing around in a speedo made me immune to people's opinions...

Guy,

No one, and I mean NO ONE want's to see me in lycra. 

That's why baggies. Its not for the cool kids. Its for the wise ones.

5 hours ago, Rocket-Boy said:

Lycra isn’t very “enduro” bro. 

But in all seriousness its not a cool kids thing. It’s personal preference. I’m too old to be a cool kid anyways and I’m a grower, not a shower so I don’t even fill a pair pf bibs properly to show off.

Also, I would look a right tit wearing kneepads and flat shoes with lycra. 

16 hours ago, Rocket-Boy said:

Dude, I've riden in Africa for over ten years (South Africa is slowly starting to become dark too). Dark rural Africa! And when you fall (you will if you're a mountain biker) Lycra vaporizes, leaving very little to nothing for the imagination. Even riding with Lycra that's a little worn are way too revealing to the locals and you have to respect the locals! Baggies have kept me decent and I learned to enjoy my riding more than to pose. Baggies have pockets and it wears down much, much slower than Lycra. Baggies does have some extra drag, but you're a mountain biker FPS! And BTW, I am not worried what other people think. It more about respecting them, their place and their traditions.

31 minutes ago, LBKloppers said:

Lycra vaporizes, leaving very little to nothing for the imagination. Even riding with Lycra that's a little worn are way too revealing to the locals and you have to respect the locals!

I was riding Bottelary Hills one fine morning with my boet. We were steaming up a long hill when we got passed by a group of ladies while we stopped to take in the scenery. Shortly after, another guy passed us as well. Lets just say the bloke had a rather wide diff . . . It was then that my boet and I saddled up and proceeded up the hill again. 

This was when I noticed that the oke riding maybe 10 meters ahead of us had a aged bib on, and his hairy poephol was on full display as he ambled up the hill trying to pass the group of ladies.

I have never laughed so hard at someone before then. The oke kept on looking over his shoulder eyeballing me as I was screaming with laughter, tears streaming down my face. When he finally managed to make it past the ladies was when I totally lost it. . .

That day settled the bib debate once and for all in my mind.

17 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I was riding Bottelary Hills one fine morning with my boet. We were steaming up a long hill when we got passed by a group of ladies while we stopped to take in the scenery. Shortly after, another guy passed us as well. Lets just say the bloke had a rather wide diff . . . It was then that my boet and I saddled up and proceeded up the hill again. 

This was when I noticed that the oke riding maybe 10 meters ahead of us had a aged bib on, and his hairy poephol was on full display as he ambled up the hill trying to pass the group of ladies.

I have never laughed so hard at someone before then. The oke kept on looking over his shoulder eyeballing me as I was screaming with laughter, tears streaming down my face. When he finally managed to make it past the ladies was when I totally lost it. . .

That day settled the bib debate once and for all in my mind.

This is when I want to add 50 laughing my ass off emoticons. I just saw this in my mind and it cracks up. Everyone in the office thinks I am crazy.

17 hours ago, Rocket-Boy said:

It’s the MAMILs! For the sake of our children…

I lived in a pair of 'thebusiness enduro mtb baggy' for 16 days in Freedom Challenge this year, I'd say they are 'the business', I was impressed. I liked the clip and integrated belt which stops the plumber's crack effect

I bought them new before the event, never tested them and loved the large pad as it was necessary (depending on the terrain and temp I wore my Vye bibs too (cant have enough padding), never just the Vye bibs they are too thin and cold in Karroo winter).

If you have to climb over many barbed wire fences and push through thorn bushes, you want your assets protected by baggies, not Assos - in my humble view. The Vye bibs are great for the roadbike to the coffee shop,

6 minutes ago, tubed said:

I lived in a pair of 'thebusiness enduro mtb baggy' for 16 days in Freedom Challenge this year, I'd say they are 'the business', I was impressed. I liked the clip and integrated belt which stops the plumber's crack effect

I bought them new before the event, never tested them and loved the large pad as it was necessary (depending on the terrain and temp I wore my Vye bibs too (cant have enough padding), never just the Vye bibs they are too thin and cold in Karroo winter).

If you have to climb over many barbed wire fences and push through thorn bushes, you want your assets protected by baggies, not Assos - in my humble view. The Vye bibs are great for the roadbike to the coffee shop,

Agree, I also have one ("Indola theBussiness Enduro").  First baggie I ever bought and will stick to it now, works 100%.

18 hours ago, Sepia said:

Humvee?

Endura Humvee must be one of the best. I have a very old one and 2 fox shorts. I hardly wear the fox shorts as the always slipping down, and the poorly constructed internal velcro built is utter crap. I recently ordered another humvee and am over the moon..