Ego: 29er

Image: 29er.

For all the others 27.5.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how it's a length issue. I have seen sort sort people ride 29ers and I have seen really tall people tear it up on 26ers. It more depends on geometry, fit and what you prefer.

As for the "fun" factor, the new gen of 29er designs is as fun if not more than 650b.

At the end of the day it's all about what you prefer.

Why not try and get a loaner 650b wheelset and give them a ride. The best will be whichever you prefer.

Others’ opinions are just that. Opinions.

Thank you for those of you who did the effort in providing me with some useful info.

Keen to know what you decided with all the info received. Pls keep us posted.

Good idaet. And you can rent bikes

Why not try and get a loaner 650b wheelset and give them a ride. The best will be whichever you prefer.

Others’ opinions are just that. Opinions.

I still have my 26r giant anthem, i ride my 650b with gravel tyres more though. I have had a 29r hard tail which i never should have sold. I did, however, prefer my 26r on tight twisty trails and longer open rides on the 29r. 

This is all personal preference. Go out and ride all three for a good few kms and then make a decision based on what YOU prefer. 

Ride what you like and feel comfortable with.I tested loads of bikes and ended up on 27.5.Most of my rides are in the forest and i didn't like the feel of the big wheels on little jumps.