Rugby World Cup 2019

Eddy Gordo

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Mrs DJR gulped down champagne!  :eek:  :clap:  :clap: Outside the SA flags are flown from every 2nd car and the drivers are hitting the their horns like the Boks just hit England not-stop.  :thumbup:

Edited by DJR

RWC Website:

OKOHAMA, 2 Nov - Fly-half Handre Pollard kicked a record 22 points to allow Siya Kolisi, the first black captain of South Africa, to lift the Rugby World Cup after a comprehensive defeat of England at International Stadium Yokohama.

Brilliant second-half tries from wingers Makazole Mapimpi and Cheslin Kolbe allowed the Springboks to win a third Rugby World Cup, punishing an error-ridden England performance.

Eddie Jones's team were given a lesson in power scrummaging in the first half. The Springboks took away England’s set-piece with a clinical performance that allowed the majestic Pollard to keep the scoreboard ticking over. He became the record Springboks points scorer in a Rugby World Cup final, and the top scorer at RWC 2019 with 69.

England were kept in the match by captain Owen Farrell’s four penalties but they could not repeat the form that had helped them to topple reigning champions New Zealand in the semi-finals. The result means the Springboks - who had never scored a try in their previous two Rugby World Cup final triumphs in 1995 and 2007 - are now the No.1 team in the world.

1185014969.jpg?width=1300

Edited by 'Dale

Takealot could lose R3, 8 million but make 346 people very very happy if the Springboks walk away as champions of the rugby world cup on Saturday. 

This is thanks to a promotion the online retailer ran where it promised a full refund to customers who bought selected Samsung TVs valued at a combined total of R3 819 600 – should the Boks win. 

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/takealot-could-lose-r38-million-if-the-springboks-win-on-saturday-but-itll-make-400-people-who-bought-new-tvs-very-very-happy-2019-11

Edited by scotty

From ranked 5th going in :clap:

And 7th when he took over. Rassie Erasmus and his team can be right proud of their achievements and performances the past two seasons. It is one helluva achievement to do what they've done in as short a time as they did. Let's hope this growth keeps going and that we don't have to wait another 12 years for our next RWC win!

Those English forwards were f*cked when we turned on the power.Watch the game again and you can see the moment Faf changed the game.Brilliant exhibition of traditional Bok counter attacking.Rob Louw must be loving this