Rugby World Cup 2019

Eddy Gordo

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm enjoying the humour and I'm thrilled SA won.

Doris Bronson is an oppertunistic politician, like almost every other politician on the planet. Don't give him or his "staged photo" a second thought.

Some people just live to moan - they love it. I've heard/ read it all over the past few weeks, as in every other big sporting competition. This ref blah blah, that ref blah blah, the team who "shouldn't have even made it that far" yadda yadda. Whatever man. Of course teams have form and history, but so many times the game is decided "on the day".

In the end SA did it. And I'm happy :-)

Racism is alive and well all over the world and

World Rugby Awards

Player: 'Steph du Toit

Coach: Ruzzeee

Team: Bokkies

Hope they have stocked up on regmakers

Maybe if they rather awarded them those silver cheap ass looking beer mugs, like they do here, in assuming everyone still has a bar at home, instead of medals, they would've appreciated them more...

This has to be propably the best WC I have experienced. What a game. I prewarned my neighbours that we might be a bit loud on Saturday morning and we lived up to expectation.

In my opinion the best rugby final I have seen.  Not just points scored from kicks and penalties but two good tries of which that first one was so unselfish as you can get.

I take my hat off for Kolisi as well.  Think he is a superb captain.  After his interview after the game even the commentators on German TV said they have a tear in their eyes.  

I should also raise a glass to the german studio commentators.  They knew their game very well and I did not expect that good quality from a nation that is not that big in rugby.  It is nice to see how the sport is growing in this country and the SA win even got a mention on the mainstream news channels.  Was a bloody good weekend.

I was at 04:30 to watch the pre-game with a sleeping baby in my arms. At 07:00 I was shouting and cheering. I woke up the baby, my wife and the neighbor. I also pre-warned her so she didn't call the cops and tuned in to watch the end. 

I am so proud of the boks!