The Munga 2019

Ramrod

so the munga prize money has gone from R46k when you entered to ~R28k in bitcoin currently.

Great move by the organisers, announce prize money, take entries and then reduce your costs before the race has even started!!

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so the munga prize money has gone from R46k when you entered to ~R28k in bitcoin currently.

Great move by the organisers, announce prize money, take entries and then reduce your costs before the race has even started!!

Surely they have to give the R46k prize money worth of bitcoin on the day they hand over prizes? Then it would be to the winners advantage if the bitcoin price is lower, meaning he'll receive more bitcoin. 

Surely they have to give the R46k prize money worth of bitcoin on the day they hand over prizes? Then it would be to the winners advantage if the bitcoin price is lower, meaning he'll receive more bitcoin. 

In each category 1st place receives 50% of 0.5 bitcoin

2nd place receives 30% of 0.5 bitcoin 

3rd place receives 20% of 0.5 bitcoin

Edited by Dusty

What you have said makes perfect, rational sense.

The organisers have not done that.

In each category 1st place receives 50% of 0.5 bitcoin

2nd place receives 30% of 0.5 bitcoin 

3rd place receives 20% of 0.5 bitcoin

Well that sucks!!

After giving it much thought, I decided that this has no impact on my ability or inclination to ride the race.

It will in all likelihood also not affect my dot-watching next week so won't be able to summon enough outrage to get worked up about it.

Well that sucks!!

Why? It is a currency like any other. If they paid a set amount of dollars or pounds or rands or yuan or rubles, the value in different currencies could fluctuate as well.

So the prize money is in Bitcoin.... which took a 10% dive yesterday, and looking to drop more.

As with all currencies, bitcoin fluctuates in value compared to other currencies. Maybe a bit more than most at the moment, but it is still just a currency

Why? It is a currency like any other. If they paid a set amount of dollars or pounds or rands or yuan or rubles, the value in different currencies could fluctuate as well.

It's a volatile crypto-currency, hardly a currency like any other. Fact remains they announced prize money in Ronds value, then changed it to bitcoin long after already receiving entries.