Road rage

Longtravel

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We tow 1.5 ton ski boats, they are properly braked and the fortuner takes no longer to stop with or without trailer.

What does take longer is accelerating, therefore we hardly ever overtake anything and if we do its normally that dual lane vibe. I also know that the boat sticks out an extra 5cm either side of the car. 

There is no excuse for poor road positioning with a trailer. If a cyclist randomly pulls out as you are overtaking, it should not be an issue as you are 1.5m away from the cyclist in the first place. 

Sometimes as the cyclist you have to position yourself in the road so that the dumb motorist does not have a choice but to apply their mind when approaching a blind rise/corner. Most drivers think there is no problem overtaking a line of single file cyclists with a blind rise through places like Kalk Bay or Camps Bay. 

If the cyclist felt you swerved at them, you probably did, so if I was the  cyclists I would lay a charge of attempted murder with a motor vehicle.

You admit to driving a Fortjuna....

nee man

Apparently the cyclist has been tracked down via Strava!

Great now the aggression, victim blaming and holier than thou sanctimonious twats can all stop speculating and see what happens. This thread was started to identify the cyclist, not for people to end up debating if a Fortuner is a better towing vehicle than an Everest. Trust me, don’t get into a Toyota vs Ford debate. Two bakkie drivers going at it is like watching Trump debate himself in the mirror.

Edited by Patchelicious

Should change this to Average Day on The BikeHub

JUST AN AVERAGE DAY IN FACEBOOK WORLD

Q: How many people does it take to change a lightbulb in a Facebook group?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

17 purists who use candles and are offended by light bulb discussions.

6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jackasses.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.

249 to post meme's and gif's (several are of someone eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)

19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.

11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.

12 to post F.

8 to ask what F means.

16 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.

3 to say "can't share"

2 to reply "can't share from a closed group"

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to ask if the brands of light bulbs used are worth the money.

19 to tell them that if they like the light bulbs, buy them.

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "f÷×$"

4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb. This usually takes place within the first three comments.

50 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.

1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.

Should change this to Average Day on The BikeHub

JUST AN AVERAGE DAY IN FACEBOOK WORLD

Q: How many people does it take to change a lightbulb in a Facebook group?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

17 purists who use candles and are offended by light bulb discussions.

6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jackasses.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.

249 to post meme's and gif's (several are of someone eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)

19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.

11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.

12 to post F.

8 to ask what F means.

16 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.

3 to say "can't share"

2 to reply "can't share from a closed group"

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to ask if the brands of light bulbs used are worth the money.

19 to tell them that if they like the light bulbs, buy them.

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "f÷×$"

4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb. This usually takes place within the first three comments.

50 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.

1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.

+1

FTFY

Great now the aggression, victim blaming and holier than thou sanctimonious twats can all stop speculating and see what happens. This thread was great all started to identify the cyclist, not for people to end up debating if a Fortuner is a better towing  hauling vehicle than an Everest. Trust me, don’t get into a Toyota vs Ford debate. Two bakkie drivers going at it is like watching Trump debate himself in the mirror.

The heck? You literally quote the part that implies blame on motorist. To copy what you said, "had to swerve to miss the rider in front of us who overtook the other riders and came in front of us".

1. The riders were in front of the motorist

2. The motorist didn't leave a safe passing distance because "they had to swerve"

3. The motorist was driving recklessly due to the implied passing distance in question.

Do you also blame victims for getting raped? Children being beaten to death because the parents have anger issues? You also blame the cyclists for being in the road when a car plows into a 1 or even a group of 10 of them right, like how dare they legally use the roads?? You totally seem to defend that stereotype. "I'm sorry mister occifer, I killed these people because I was driving too fast with the load I'm pulling and didn't take the necessary precautions because, you know, braking with a trailer slows me down and I'd rather kill someone than slow down"

There's obviously missing facts here, but you need to wake up if you think driving a car in a way that requires sudden swerving when next to unpredictable obstacles is safe practice. I honestly hope you don't have a motorvehicle license because you sound like a danger on the roads and your perception on safe driving is going to be the direct cause of innocent people getting killed. 

Wow dude, comparing a potential accident to rape and and child abuse. 

Don't forget the Nazi-Hitler comparison while you're up there on your high horse.

Don't forget the Nazi-Hitler comparison while you're up there on your high horse.

So a accident needs to happens first? Then it can be compared?

Edit:

Nearly getting murdered is not as bad and getting murdered then ? 

Edited by Quagga

Regardless that guy has caused a large amount of hate by motorists to cyclists - Thanks for nothing ! 

here we go again.....

the hate is already there. the cyclist merely provided the channel for the hate to flow...

Like a Jedi does for a Sith

So a accident needs to happens first? Then it can be compared?

Edit:

Nearly getting murdered is not as bad and getting murdered then ? Please quote me where I said this? 

I'm not getting drawn into these stupid ******* arguments. It's just speculation and assumptions without the facts. Enjoy your outrage!

I'm not getting drawn into these stupid ******* arguments. It's just speculation and assumptions without the facts. Enjoy your outrage!

Where did I have outrage?  :eek:

Edited by Quagga

Godwin called, he wants his wooden mic back.

Yes, potentially getting killed is completely on par with rape and child abuse in my eyes - these crimes are despicable and damning. By your reasoning, you'd be upset with having your daughter raped or beaten but if she gets killed its okay. 

You don't come across as calm and collected as you must think you are? Your messages shouted outrage from the first post ¯\_(ツ)_/¯