Road rage

Longtravel

I am close to the victims, indeed. I am also the CEO of the company who's vehicle was involved in the attack.

The investigating detective phoned us yesterday with the request that the guy who caused the damaged and fled the scene wants to meet with us at the Police Station today.

I will definitely post the outcome later today.

Dis gonna be gud.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driving in Joburg is a pleasure. That Allandale rd can get quite interesting, and when there’s load shedding things get a bit crazy. But it’s 10x better than CT. People are just next level useless here.

Rome and Colombo’s traffic has been the worst I’ve been in, but didn’t came close to Main reef rd without any traffic light working.

You obviously have not experienced downtown Manila in peak hour traffic

Maputo is interesting to say the least,however,no aggression as well.

CT drivers are the worst as well...just plain ignorant

That was the old law, The road ordnance act of 1977.

It has changed

Mmm...The Roads Ordinance No 19 of 1976 is still applicable in the Western Cape Province till this very day. It was in acted on 1 January 1977. It was due to be repealed by the Western Cape Transport Infrastructure Act No 1 of 2013 which was promulgated, but this Act was never implemented nor will it be implemented at any time. The latter Act will be complete repealed by new legislation which is almost ready for publication. Just saying... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I've been watching a series on DSTV called Car Crash TV about the driving habits of Russians, scary stuff,  they have no idea of safe following distance, turning into on coming traffic, changing lanes, yielding at stops, safe overtaking, reversing without checking etc. That's one country I would avoid. 

I've been watching a series on DSTV called Car Crash TV about the driving habits of Russians, scary stuff, they have no idea of safe following distance, turning into on coming traffic, changing lanes, yielding at stops, safe overtaking, reversing without checking etc. That's one country I would avoid.

some of the best dodgy accident videos on You Tube are from Russia....seems like noone gives a toss over there...young and old...rich and poor...

I've been watching a series on DSTV called Car Crash TV about the driving habits of Russians, scary stuff,  they have no idea of safe following distance, turning into on coming traffic, changing lanes, yielding at stops, safe overtaking, reversing without checking etc. That's one country I would avoid. 

I'm following an oke on Facebook who is cycling from the Northern Cape of Norway to Cape Pt in CT. (Jonas Deichmann Adventures). He's just ridden into Moscow and on the way he was hit by a truck mirror. He kept it upright...but the truck didn't stop. He's rather keen to get out of Russia...

Dis gonna be gud.

We have left Sandton Police Station after meeting Justin Erasmus at the investigating detectives office.

Justin is not riding with a club. He was on his mountain bike when he attacked the vehicle.

He was stopped by a group of riders from a club who was in close vicinity of him who reprimanded him and told him that the vehicle was not in the wrong. He admitted that he is getting counseling for PTSD.

Before the case can be withdrawn, the following conditions must be met:

1. A written apology must be issued for his behavior and personal attack on the driver which will be posted on all forms of social media.

2. He must go for anger management counselling.

3. He must pay the total repair cost to the vehicle by the 2nd of October 2019 which amounts to R25,374.97.

We have left Sandton Police Station after meeting Justin Erasmus at the investigating detectives office.

Justin is not riding with a club. He was on his mountain bike when he attacked the vehicle.

He was stopped by a group of riders from a club who was in close vicinity of him who reprimanded him and told him that the vehicle was not in the wrong. He admitted that he is getting counseling for PTSD.

1. A written apology must be issued for his behavior and personal attack on the driver which will be posted on all forms of social media.

3. He must pay the total repair cost to the vehicle by the 2nd of October 2019 which amounts to R25,374.97.

Brilliant outcome for all involved! (Best would have been for this to never have happened in the first place)

And the Cycle Lab group rides are exonerated.

Chapeau to all involved!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Well done on getting a swift result.

Its been quite a journey, especially after wading through 14 pages of this topic.

Can we also get an apology from all the other posters that assumed the driver was guilty and was trying to claim damages on the vehicle that was already there?

Can we also get an apology from all the other posters that assumed the driver was guilty and was trying to claim damages on the vehicle that was already there?

I think a lesson we can all learn from this ...dont assume anything until you have the facts.

everyone loves an underdog  :w00t:

Amazing, so motorists are not always in the wrong???

Bet most of you won't believe it. 

I think a lesson we can all learn from this ...dont assume anything until you have the facts.

But then this thread would have been so boring...

Hope that the driver and any passengers are ok as well. Must have been fairly terrifying.

Archived