DURA-ACE 9100 VS SRAM RED 22

Veebee

I hear you. The shifting of mechanical systems is so well evolved and developed that electronic systems really do become a case wanting the tech for display rights.

^^

Spot on. The improvements from ultegra 6800 to 8000 are easily noticable, so can just imagine to further jump in performance to Dura 9100.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Spot on. The improvements from ultegra 6800 to 8000 are easily noticable, so can just imagine to further jump in performance to Dura 9100.

GCN did a blind test between Dura Ace and 105 and weren't able to spot much difference. But those were the latest incarnations, and they're all pretty good. Admittedly, groupsets were brand new, so wear and tear may show wild variations between them...

GCN did a blind test between Dura Ace and 105 and weren't able to spot much difference. But those were the latest incarnations, and they're all pretty good. Admittedly, groupsets were brand new, so wear and tear may show wild variations between them...

you think they got paid by Shimano ? cant really believe everything from GCN,

hands on, on the road experience, I could feel the difference in upgrades. Started with brand new 105, then brand new ultegra 6800 then brand new 8000.

If they were being paid by Shimano they would be singing the praises of Dura Ace surely?

Edited by Duane_Bosch

What is the reason you haven't looked at Campagnolo ?

Of the Red I have owned and the DA9100 mechanical I own, I much prefer my Record.

Doesnt go well with my wallet, and having 2 other Shimano bikes to swap parts from etc if ever needed, I would rather stay away from Campy

hands on, on the road experience, I could feel the difference in upgrades. Started with brand new 105, then brand new ultegra 6800 then brand new 8000.

not sure there's any benefit to Shimano in paying anyone with a very large megaphone to tell the world there's no tangible difference between their most expensive gruppo and their best-value one. So no, I don't think there was a payment.

not sure there's any benefit to Shimano in paying anyone with a very large megaphone to tell the world there's no tangible difference between their most expensive gruppo and their best-value one. So no, I don't think there was a payment.

majority of people are going to go for the cheaper gruppo, so by telling the world that 105 is the "same" as Dura, what do you think would happen...

Shimano already have their marketshare for Dura sorted, all the pro teams.

This would bump up the sales for 105 :rolleyes:

Doesnt go well with my wallet, and having 2 other Shimano bikes to swap parts from etc if ever needed, I would rather stay away from Campy

Think you just answered your own question!... 9100 !!

Think you just answered your own question!... 9100 !!

yeah now I have, after reading the feedback here seems like shimano is the way to go. Now to wait for a good deal on it, maybe Blackfriday or CWC will drop their prices even further.

There’s a noticeable difference between ultegra 8000 and Da9100 mechanical groups. DA feels more positive in the rear derailleur shifter.

Edited by DieselnDust

I enjoy both - I too prefer cable shifting. I use Shimano on the training bike (hydro disk Ultegra) and SRAM on my show pony (rim brake Force).

Very little difference between Force and Red.

yeah now I have, after reading the feedback here seems like shimano is the way to go. Now to wait for a good deal on it, maybe Blackfriday or CWC will drop their prices even further.

Careful.... misery love’s company