The toolbox thread

100Tours

I am in similar situation. I am leaning more towards a chainsaw as it is probably more versatile. I am for sure not going with a battery option considering how often I would use it.

Ja - makes sense.

I was unclear in my post. I am buying both a brush cutter and a chainsaw. We’re trying to preserve what wildlife we can in our new place and plant to encourage more, so was thinking that it might be quieter with the battery options, but useless if I can only work for short time periods

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja - makes sense.

I was unclear in my post. I am buying both a brush cutter and a chainsaw. We’re trying to preserve what wildlife we can in our new place and plant to encourage more, so was thinking that it might be quieter with the battery options, but useless if I can only work for short time periods

I don't think battery tech is there yet for larger scale operations.

That being said, I won't be surprised if we have a battery powered chainsaw in our fleet in a couple of years. I've found myself reaching for one of the smaller saws a lot lately when I need to work inside trees.

Sidenote, do yourself a favor and get a Silky saw as well. My Silky gomboy does most of the sawing work in our garden, and I usually only start a saw when I prune trees.

http://www.silkysaws.com/Silky_Saws/Folding-Straight_2/Silkys-GOMBOY-210mm-MED-Teeth-Hand-Saw

I don't think battery tech is there yet for larger scale operations.

That being said, I won't be surprised if we have a battery powered chainsaw in our fleet in a couple of years. I've found myself reaching for one of the smaller saws a lot lately when I need to work inside trees.

Sidenote, do yourself a favor and get a Silky saw as well. My Silky gomboy does most of the sawing work in our garden, and I usually only start a saw when I prune trees.

http://www.silkysaws.com/Silky_Saws/Folding-Straight_2/Silkys-GOMBOY-210mm-MED-Teeth-Hand-Saw

Thank you. What blade length do you recommend on the Silky?

I've got a similar fold up saw that I often carry on my Camelbak. They are brilliant things and people always underestimate them, laugh at me when pull it out on the trail... and then quickly go quiet while I proceed to cut a fallen tree with it. Smaller saplings and branches are a breeze!

As long as possible, but as short as necessary.

Mine is a 240mm, but go longer if unsure.

Arrived to collect my saw. Turns out their online stock level was wrong, so they only had the 210 in stock. Bought it. Nice piece of kit. Thanks for the recommendation.

246bcd24a0839d3b11b348c5f6266a54.jpg

I have this Bosch set, bought it a few years back .... long long ago, before lock-down.  :whistling:  

VERY nice set !!  That little ratchet was used a LOT this weekend.  :thumbup:  

I have this Bosch set, bought it a few years back .... long long ago, before lock-down.  :whistling:  

VERY nice set !!  That little ratchet was used a LOT this weekend.  :thumbup:  

Good to hear ... just purchased the set now, would go collect on the weekend or early morning if I can get out this work week.

Not enough digging from my side then! Maybe I'll go get another one!

I am consoling myself by knowing I am not paying for delivery or collection as a friend is swinging past there tomorrow to collect :)

bought one the other day, solid quality seeing it was 100 bucks. used the bits in my impact and they held up ^_^