Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

So you will assault (break his jaw) somebody for calling you an ugly name?

He would need to apologize for his verbal attack.

I personally don't like to break things, as I wouldn't like it done to me. I'm not a macho sort of guy, but I won't tolerate being spoken to like a piece of trash. The breaking jaw imagery was a parallel drawn with the CT ranger issue.

But that said, depending on where the situation is going, I would consider slapping his chops if things got out of hand.

I never swing first though, I'm not a thug.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A pro, riding rogue, trying to evade authorities, getting vocal and resisting arrest, might just upset his sponsors and leave himself without a job ...

This but for the actions of these stupid rangers could have been the theme of this thread but instead it's their jobs that are on the line. It just goes to show how this macho approach doesn't work.

This but for the actions of these stupid rangers could have been the theme of this thread but instead it's their jobs that are on the line. It just goes to show how this macho approach doesn't work.

That is how the JMPD/rangers/SAPS tries to operate these days.

They are above the law and beyond reproach.

The armed response in our neighborhood seem to be well trained and handle situations far calmer than usually happens on the streets of everyday Gauteng.

Hats off to #Beagle and #ADT

Vark me....

Did you really just say that? And to boot you picked a helluva topic as a first post (if indeed you are a first poster, rather than a hubber using a new, false alias....or are you one of the thugs of the video?)

Who the heck will instruct a park ranger to break someone's arm if they are in contravention of some perceived law? What universe do you exist in?

You make this sound like a deliberate act...

Saw the videos, utterly ridiculous

It takes a huge amount of training and repetition to change mindset or natural instinct 

And then it will only work if the persons want to change

Whats also sticks out is in Nics case they use the words assaulted, not allegedly assaulted. In the woman's case they use the words allegedly assaulted, yet both have clear footage of it been assault. 

Edited by scotty

I just want to make 100% sure for future reference..... the consensus here in Hubland is that we are not cool with "boytjie-ing" a rogue rider?

unless he is riding rogue on Tygerberg Mountainbike club trails. Then he is fair game to be "boytjie'd"  :ph34r: 

(to all the Politically Correct Cupcakes, note the comic sans font before ranting..)

You make this sound like a deliberate act...

Read again. I did not say it, oomkoos did. He imparted the pearl of wisdom about the rangers following instructions from management, and that hence management are culpable, not them.

That ranks as the stupidest comment on this thread so far in my opinion.

Any merit in Norton Rose Fulbright not only seeking compensation from Sanparks but also road accident fund? It would be interesting to find out if this is indeed a private road.

Any merit in Norton Rose Fulbright not only seeking compensation from Sanparks but also road accident fund? It would be interesting to find out if this is indeed a private road.

Road Accident Fund will not be applicable in this case. 

(Only if the injury was caused by another driver / car / truck, is my very basic understanding of it)

Read again. I did not say it, oomkoos did. He imparted the pearl of wisdom about the rangers following instructions from management, and that hence management are culpable, not them.

That ranks as the stupidest comment on this thread so far in my opinion.

Sorry, missed that.

Road Accident Fund will not be applicable in this case.

(Only if the injury was caused by another driver / car / truck, is my very basic understanding of it)

And even if injury is caused by above, they'll still argue reasons why RAF is not applicable. :(