Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

The two hardly comparable we might be interested in a Pro being caught for riding roque but the rest of the world would not be bothered. What we have now is someone who may or may not have ridden roque is not the story but the breaking of his arm is the story. The first is a minor offence the second is criminal totally different rules.

Yes we know, its starting to wear a bit thin now

Does not change the fact tho.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we know, its starting to wear a bit thin now

Does not change the fact tho.

So why do we have to keep saying it?

Inevitable.And they will win the suit.

Yup, and I hazard a guess that the fees will double, with the excuse of paying for the settlement and for proper training for rangers, as well as a dedicated policeman or two on duty with the proper powers to arrest when something goes pear-shaped.

In the end you and me will be the losers.

because at each point each individual has a choice. when ranger DECIDED to teach Nic a lesson he made a conscious decision to hurt someone.

Someone stealing a parking spot may be completely oblivious to another waiting for the same parking.

One decision involves malice, the other not. If ranger was capable of controlling his own emotions we won't have this thread to resurrect and otherwise dormant Bikehub morality cognoscenti.

don't now what you're referring too re parking but it clearly has nothing to do with a person in authority not being emotionally and psychologically fit to fulfill the role

Parking bay comes from the discussion on the following scenario, but this thread has moved on...

Quagga, on 30 Dec 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

So explain me this. You see someone parked in mom&tots bay without a kid in sight and you need to use it.
You tell the person they are parked illegally and he tells you F-off! Do you now have the right to breaking his arm????

Yup, and I hazard a guess that the fees will double, with the excuse of paying for the settlement and for proper training for rangers, as well as a dedicated policeman or two on duty with the proper powers to arrest when something goes pear-shaped.

In the end you and me will be the losers.

For sure yes

A Hanover Park family has opened a criminal case after a mentally disabled man was allegedly beaten up by cops and thrown out of a two-storey window.

The angry family of Abdullah Dollie, 40, says he was left with a broken leg, broken arm and lacerations on his face after plunging from the council flat in Walvis Court.

For sure yes

A Hanover Park family has opened a criminal case after a mentally disabled man was allegedly beaten up by cops and thrown out of a two-storey window.

The angry family of Abdullah Dollie, 40, says he was left with a broken leg, broken arm and lacerations on his face after plunging from the council flat in Walvis Court.

2 storeys...

In the bad old John Voster square days they "jumped" from much higher

Yoh, I walk away with cap in hand.

I've been schooled.

Sorry Eddy.

The majority of what you're saying is what I was trying to get across. You're more eloquent than I.

What I am VERY pissed off about is how the majority of people here are trying to defend Dlamini. There are no degrees of wrong. If it's not right, it's wrong. He is in the wrong. What happened afterwards was as a result of his wrongdoing.

I haven't done 85 on William Nicol, but I was accused of doing 138 on the way to Durban near Villiers. There were 2 "wardens" who could/would not produce identification when I asked for it. I admitted that the speed cruise had been set to 126, which on my phone gps showed 120. When I asked for proof I was shown some old radar without any photographic evidence, with a reading on the screen. When I asked how they know this was mine, I was told "it's my job, I'm telling you this was your speed."

My drivers licence was thrown back at me when I refused to sign the charge sheet. I told the officer to stand up for his photo, as seated with his litter strewn around him didn't make him look good. He refused. I still took the picture of him. He told me he was going to confiscate my phone. The guy on the radar told me not to take a picture of him either. I told him I need to show the court the face of the person accusing me of wrongdoing. When he threatened me, I told him to phone for backup because he was going to hospital from here. They backed down.

I left very frustrated, and vowing to go to court to argue the trumped up charges.

Parking bay comes from the discussion on the following scenario, but this thread has moved on...

Quagga, on 30 Dec 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

So explain me this. You see someone parked in mom&tots bay without a kid in sight and you need to use it.

You tell the person they are parked illegally and he tells you F-off! Do you now have the right to breaking his arm????

I don't think I have a "right" to break his arm, but if he gets out the car to defend his filthy mouth, I'll break his jaw

2 storeys...

In the bad old John Voster square days they "jumped" from much higher

Did not work out too well for this woman either when the "approved officials" with power to arrest is misused. The officers were not suspended while an investigation took place, I guess it is because they were "approved" 

The Pretoria nursery school teacher who was allegedly assaulted and thrown to the ground by Tshwane Metro Police Department (TMPD) officers didn't pull over immediately because she was still traumatised after having been duped into a fake roadblock by gangsters in February. 

Following the harrowing ordeal, 28-year-old Kymie du Toit was advised by police to drive to a safe place in future should she be approached by what appeared to be police. 

When she was approached by a TMPD police vehicle in a dark area on her way home after a babysitting job on November 26, that's exactly what she did. She turned on her hazards and drove to the safest place she could think of - the nearest petrol station. 

Here she was instead allegedly assaulted and manhandled by police officers, before being arrested on a charge of reckless and negligent driving. 

Regards the Ranger trying to prevent filming, there are many reports of national and metro police, who you would think were trained in the law doing exactly that. 

The two hardly comparable we might be interested in a Pro being caught for riding roque but the rest of the world would not be bothered. What we have now is someone who may or may not have ridden roque is not the story but the breaking of his arm is the story. The first is a minor offence the second is criminal totally different rules.

A pro, riding rogue, trying to evade authorities, getting vocal and resisting arrest, might just upset his sponsors and leave himself without a job ...

Did not work out too well for this woman either when the "approved officials" with power to arrest is misused. The officers were not suspended while an investigation took place, I guess it is because they were "approved" 

The Pretoria nursery school teacher who was allegedly assaulted and thrown to the ground by Tshwane Metro Police Department (TMPD) officers didn't pull over immediately because she was still traumatised after having been duped into a fake roadblock by gangsters in February. 

Following the harrowing ordeal, 28-year-old Kymie du Toit was advised by police to drive to a safe place in future should she be approached by what appeared to be police. 

When she was approached by a TMPD police vehicle in a dark area on her way home after a babysitting job on November 26, that's exactly what she did. She turned on her hazards and drove to the safest place she could think of - the nearest petrol station. 

Here she was instead allegedly assaulted and manhandled by police officers, before being arrested on a charge of reckless and negligent driving. 

Regards the Ranger trying to prevent filming, there are many reports of national and metro police, who you would think were trained in the law doing exactly that. 

Saw the videos, utterly ridiculous

It takes a huge amount of training and repetition to change mindset or natural instinct 

And then it will only work if the persons want to change