Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

I this still being debated?

Isn't it obvious? The Rangers saw Dlamini and for absolutely no reason planned an elaborate ambush at the gate, waited till he was going fast then jumped out and pulled his handlebar making him fall because they were targeting him.

They did this because they aren't trained, are violent thugs with an authority problem and a history of violent altercations with other completely innocent park users. 

They Clearly targeted him for no reason. No one knows why.

(All of this is actually taken from previous posts)

Guys, who cares. America has possibly started WW3. Eskom is about to cripple our economy and Cyril has been in charge of the Eskom reform for nearly 6 years and has achieved nothing.

All of the above points to this saga being nothing more than some Days of Our Lives/Bold and the Beautiful/Isidingo hybrid of speculation and nothingness.

Move on, wish Nic well and stop moving round in circles.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a real shame that this happened but these guys are not trained to deal with antagonistic situations in a more conducive service orientated manner. I therefore hold those in power responsible for their actions. I bet you the guy in charge of them is a drill sergeant, maybe an ex military guy so it wont be a surprise that he drilled this reactive behavior into them. I hope they solve this problem so that it never gets repeated again in future.

Has anyone had an update on this since Nich came out of hospital? Wonder if this will be dealt with out of court

probably, and yes

“I go there on a daily basis. That is one of my routes. Table Mountain is more like a bump when I’m in good shape. It’s good to go up Table Mountain and make it feel like a climb. Table Mountain is one of my weaknesses, it is one of the most beautiful climbs to do and obviously Signal Hill as well. We have the best scenery for cycling in South Africa and more probably in Cape Town,” says 23-year-old Dlamini.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/184404-the-unofficial-nic-dlamini-fanclub-thread/?p=3599417

Isn't that part of the rules to carry it on you? Otherwise what's the point?!

not being funny here, but if sanparks just simply made parks boards "bike boards" it would really assist the rangers with their patrolling and also allow riders to also call out riders without a up to date board.

this would mean that they either have to go to an annual renewal for the beginning of the year like most cycle clubs, so the first year could be a little rock .... and day users could certainly get a wax paper reinforced board (given the high entry price, it should be covered in this cost) for a day permit?

looking for solutions here.

“I go there on a daily basis. That is one of my routes. Table Mountain is more like a bump when I’m in good shape. It’s good to go up Table Mountain and make it feel like a climb. Table Mountain is one of my weaknesses, it is one of the most beautiful climbs to do and obviously Signal Hill as well. We have the best scenery for cycling in South Africa and more probably in Cape Town,” says 23-year-old Dlamini.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/184404-the-unofficial-nic-dlamini-fanclub-thread/?p=3599417

Those bits of road don't need a permit. He's referring to signal Hill, tafelberg road and the climbs from camps bay to the Nek.

I like this. But now having a MTB board and a Parks Board it is going to kill my Strava times. The weight and wind resistance. I might as well ride illegally and try and outrun the popo.   :ph34r:

Just ride down wind on your Strava runs and it will act as a sail .... think positively man!

Those bits of road don't need a permit. He's referring to signal Hill, tafelberg road and the climbs from camps bay to the Nek.

For those of us whose ancestors managed to read the Groot trek route map and now find ourselves on the proper side of the Orange river but will be visiting soon, which routes require a permit to ride a ROADBIKE on a TAR road ?

For those of us whose ancestors managed to read the Groot trek route map and now find ourselves on the proper side of the Orange river but will be visiting soon, which routes require a permit to ride a ROADBIKE on a TAR road ?

None, except for this stretch in Silvermine. (as far as I know)