Bicycle Messenger Service (Greater Alberton area)

NotSoBigBen

Nice one NSBB.

How has it been going ?

Not too bad I must say, look it's not something one could make a living out of at least not in my 'hood ... It was always just something to keep me busy and make a few extra shekels from so no pressure!

In the current situation looking at it more from a community service point rather than 'money making'

2nd that, it is worth a watch????

What has been seen, cannot be unseen. Shocking acting, fake accents, shameless product placement, religion overdose. What could go wrong?

What has been seen, cannot be unseen. Shocking acting, fake accents, shameless product placement, religion overdose. What could go wrong?

....you read my mind. 

Couldn't even finish the trailer  :ph34r:  :blush:

Edited by morneS555

I have seen the movie but won't be doing any of those 'tricks' [emoji848]

My grandson took this picture yesterday [emoji41]d6c1353b33f85e8fa28d58eba1045807.jpg

May I suggest you update your digital flyer with this pic added!

So while studying I spent a month or two working as a cycle courier in Cape Town. This was 1998 if I have my years right.

When I popped into their office looking for work, they said they had nothing ... saw some guy in the back of the space struggling with a mechanical issue, so I offered to fix it quickly .... after this I started work the very next day :P

Lessons learnt and observations made .... with a little bit of experience commuting every day added to the mix.

This style of satchel courier bag is awesome. We had ones that were made of waterproof canvas with loops to fasten walkie talkies. It also had a waist strap which helped to secure strange loads. The great thing about this bag was the quick access and large storage capacity.

hoi-an-real-leather_da-bao-real-leather_

The strangest thing I transported was one of these old monitors
4B5667010815FE390AC2226EB1A8A96CEB7A224B

A good quality bicycle lock is priceless!

Lights on the bike, day or night no matter what!

Used to do between 80-120km a day in the city, mostly stop and start/sprint type riding.

After the first day at work I figured I had enough, but went back the following day ... every day after that became easier to the point where I used to also cycle a round trip of 50km per day to work and back too.

Lost a good bit of weight, and became flipping fit.

You will be hungry, make sure you eat :P

Having fun doing this is the only way to do it.

Never trust a car, and trust a pedestrian even less.

So while studying I spent a month or two working as a cycle courier in Cape Town. This was 1998 if I have my years right.

When I popped into their office looking for work, they said they had nothing ... saw some guy in the back of the space struggling with a mechanical issue, so I offered to fix it quickly .... after this I started work the very next day :P

Lessons learnt and observations made .... with a little bit of experience commuting every day added to the mix.

This style of satchel courier bag is awesome. We had ones that were made of waterproof canvas with loops to fasten walkie talkies. It also had a waist strap which helped to secure strange loads. The great thing about this bag was the quick access and large storage capacity.

hoi-an-real-leather_da-bao-real-leather_

The strangest thing I transported was one of these old monitors

4B5667010815FE390AC2226EB1A8A96CEB7A224B

A good quality bicycle lock is priceless!

Lights on the bike, day or night no matter what!

Used to do between 80-120km a day in the city, mostly stop and start/sprint type riding.

After the first day at work I figured I had enough, but went back the following day ... every day after that became easier to the point where I used to also cycle a round trip of 50km per day to work and back too.

Lost a good bit of weight, and became flipping fit.

You will be hungry, make sure you eat :P

Having fun doing this is the only way to do it.

Never trust a car, and trust a pedestrian even less.

+1000

Updated the flyer, thanks for the tips everyone!

Fortunately like I said it's not a full time job just occasional trips and so far what I have has worked fine.

Did one trip yesterday with no incident, another just now and got stopped by the 5-0 asking what I was doing, explained, asked for my 'papers' and ID, they were happy and sent me on my way.

A rather frail elderly lady, felt so sorry for her just could not take the money.73917f1661cb292dbe4e7481577f7ac6.jpg

Starting up something doing what I enjoy and possibly helping you at the same time …. offering bicycle messenger service for companies as well as private individuals to move documents and small items within the greater Alberton area.

- need a document or small article collected from you and delivered or collected from someone else and brought to you no problem

- you or the kids forgot your lunch/something else at home, I can get it to you/them

- need to collect or deliver something from or to your 'ex' but don't want to see them or talk to them I'll do it on your behalf [emoji6]

- If it fits in a normal backpack I'll take it, as long as it's legal of course!

Quick and easy, just a phonecall or WhatsApp, no traffic or parking issues and easy payment!

Please see the attached short pamphlet for further info, don't hesitate to call if you need to know anything else.

*Note - any suggestions from hubbers regarding how I've structured it, pricing, payment options etc. would be appreciated. Keeping in mind I'd like to keep it relatively simple if possible ... Not looking to start a company and stuff like that [emoji6]af68811963828f2df9b900330041ce0c.jpg

Lekker Bennie!!!!!

Hahahhaaha was a plot to get you guys to consider watching lol besides everyone has plenty free time during lockdown????