Road tyre brand and model, width, your body weight and tyre pressure

Mamil

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is way too higher grade for me.

Basically higher pressures have lower rolling resistance up to a point beyond which resistance increases dramatically as pressure gets higher. The pressure that this point occurs at is largely dependent on how smooth the road surface is. Rougher road > the point occurs at a lower pressure, smoother road > the point occurs at a higher pressure.

Since the resistance increases far more dramatically above the sweet spot than it decreases below the sweet spot, the recommendation is to rather err on the side of lower pressures.

all this talk of rolling resistance of fatter lower pressure tyres, has there been any studies that look at the aerodynamic pros/cons of running fatter rubber ?

Link to these studies, please? Keen to read them.

Scroll up to the YouTube link I posted. Alex explains the factors involved, eg. Pressure, width, aerodynamics, and more.

Edit: Posts 45 and 46.

Edited by Frosty

I prefer tubeless setup. Less punctures and it's faster. Conti's are the best.Anyone using Giant's gavia race 1 tubeless tyres?

I had the race 2 on my bike.

Can’t say I was overly impressed. In the 1700km I did with them I picked up a small cut in the rear that I could not get sealed no matter what I tried.

They did not give me much confidence in cornering and braking.

I’ve only done 55km on the replacement tyres but they already feel much better.

Training:

- Conti sport or something 25mm: 5.5-6.5 Bar (tube) 

Racing:

- Schwalbe Ultremo 23mm: 7.5-8 Bar depending on road surface (tube)

or

- Conti tubbies 23mm: 8 Bar

75-78kg

1- Panaracer gravelking 32c ( tubeless) 5.2 bar rear 5.0 bar front

2- schwalbe pro one 28c ( tubeless) 5.5 bar rear 4.8 bar front

3- Gravel bike - specialized sawtooth 42c ( tubeless) - 2.7 bar front 3.4 bar back

specialized trigger pro 38c- ( tubeless) 3.2 bar front 3.8 bar back

Only use stans race sealant....can not recommend it highly enough . Seems to last forever and sealed every cut for the last 12 months ,all but a side gash from glass on a new tyre.

79kg

Edited by Pikey