Weight 93kgs

Front 5bar  (72psi)

Rear 6bar (87 psi)

Edited by BigToe

Conti GP5000 28mm Tubeless

Weight 93kgs

Front 5bar  (72psi)

Rear 6bar (87 psi)

You are my size running the same takkies. How do you find the setup, and how did you get to it ?

I may get out my digital guage and match you.

Conti GP4000 II -25mm 110

Think the rim makes a big difference

This link to Conti's website gives pressure ranges only, no rider specifics. And they use PSI. Divide by 14.7 to get bars.

https://www.continental-tires.com/bicycle/tires/race-tires/gatorskin

This rule of thumb (tried and tested!) is used universally; you need a helper to set it up:

Inflate the tyre to a pressure (say 8 bars). Measure the tyre height from the where it's seated on the rim to the top of the tread (ie no weight on the tyre). 

When you're seated on the bike (your full riding weight), the tyre should be re-measured from the same rim seating position to the contact patch on the floor. If the tyre flattens out by 15% against the unweighted tyre measurement, it's correct for your weight. You may have to increase/decrease the pressure to get the 15%. This applies mainly to the rear tyre so if you want to run slightly lower pressure on the front, experiment to find your comfort zone. Going forward, you should now meadure the tyre pressure and not it. Always use the same gauge from now on as gauges can vary shitloads and you want consistency.

This link to Conti's website gives pressure ranges only, no rider specifics. And they use PSI. Divide by 14.7 to get bars.

https://www.continental-tires.com/bicycle/tires/race-tires/gatorskin

This rule of thumb (tried and tested!) is used universally; you need a helper to set it up:

Inflate the tyre to a pressure (say 8 bars). Measure the tyre height from the where it's seated on the rim to the top of the tread (ie no weight on the tyre). 

When you're seated on the bike (your full riding weight), the tyre should be re-measured from the same rim seating position to the contact patch on the floor. If the tyre flattens out by 15% against the unweighted tyre measurement, it's correct for your weight. You may have to increase/decrease the pressure to get the 15%. This applies mainly to the rear tyre so if you want to run slightly lower pressure on the front, experiment to find your comfort zone. Going forward, you should now meadure the tyre pressure and not it. Always use the same gauge from now on as gauges can vary shitloads and you want consistency.

Should have read "Note it" on tyre pressure.

Continental Grandsport Race, 28mm (measures nearly 30mm on the rims)

Weight: 70kg

6-ish bar front and rear

You are my size running the same takkies. How do you find the setup, and how did you get to it ?

I may get out my digital guage and match you.

For me it was trial and error around how the bike reacts at different pressures. Started at 8 ® and 7 (f) and settle on 6 and 5.

As you know the tubeless set up allows for lower pressure and it works so well on our crappy roads. Less fatigue on the hands and arms. I place handling and comfort as number 1 priority on longer rides. 

I prefer the softer front and the confidence in my current set up gets me through corners a lot quicker.

Conti GP 5000 TL 25mm*

83 kg

6.5-7 bar

* Orange sealant.

Orange sealant --->> not a good experience for me. Dries too quickly and sticks to everything (inside tyre walls, levers, hands..).