Why was the "Tygerberg Plumber or Status Quo?" thread locked?

JasonS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you are saying is...it's an argument that has reared repeatedly over year and year from different people, but has as yet not been addressed?

Interesting.

I think he is saying that as the argument can't be sorted out here and has been exhausted on other threads, it is a drain on resources to manage the tone of the thread and the moderating when they should be sorting out the bugs and new filter options and updating the forum part of the site.

Old argument vs Upgraded site..... I say take that argument to the right people and let HubHQ do some real work for a change!!!  :ph34r:

I think he is saying that as the argument can't be sorted out here and has been exhausted on other threads, it is a drain on resources to manage the tone of the thread and the moderating when they should be sorting out the bugs and new filter options and updating the forum part of the site.

Old argument vs Upgraded site..... I say take that argument to the right people and let HubHQ do some real work for a change!!!  :ph34r:

I think the reason it comes here is because the people involved feel they've tried more official channels before and been stonewalled, so an appeal to the larger community was necessary.

It seems the right people don't listen and since this is a forum where we can air our frustrations, this seems like the perfect place to talk about it.

So what you are saying is...it's an argument that has reared repeatedly over year and year from different people, but has as yet not been addressed?

Interesting.

I'm saying that you guys have been impressively inefficient at solving this particular problem here. So please go try somewhere else.  ;)

More so, it is a topic that has required moderation before and that thread had hints of going the same way so to avoid that, I simply stopped it. Nothing new was being said.

I'm saying that you guys have been impressively inefficient at solving this particular problem here. So please go try somewhere else.  ;)

Sounds like =CONCATENATE(LEFT("censorship",9),"t") to me.. butt hey, not like it's the members of the forum keeping it afloat.

Edited by Thermophage

Maybe we are just sympathising with each other and this place is cheaper than group therapy

I'm saying that you guys have been impressively inefficient at solving this particular problem here. So please go try somewhere else;)

More so, it is a topic that has required moderation before and that thread had hints of going the same way so to avoid that, I simply stopped it. Nothing new was being said.

This IS the somewhere else, Nick. 

Threads on FB get deleted, TBMTB staff insult ppl for asking legitimate questions and then comments are completely banned. There's no forum for suggestions / discussions at teh AGMs (when I used to go) & all that happens is that they tell us what is planned for the next year. We get told that the committee doesn't answer to us, we elected them and therefore we must let them do what they think is best without question. Decent, well reasoned arguments and discussions are met with TBMTB IS THE GREATEST, STFU and RIDE YOUR BIKE. Lawyers letters are sent to get people to keep quiet, or get out. 

Direct discussions with them are met with deflection, derision & ad hominems.  

All this, thanks to a request for one or two more technical trails on the network? 

No. 

It seems that all that's allowed when referencing TBMTB is sunshine and rainbows. If you question, you are the enemy. Sad, really. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Sounds like censorship to me.. butt hey, not like it's the members of the forum keeping it afloat.

As long as the point you have made repeatedly is still available to read on all the multiple threads you made it then maybe we have different understandings of the word censorship.

I think the reason it comes here is because the people involved feel they've tried more official channels before and been stonewalled, so an appeal to the larger community was necessary.

I fully get that. I think the main issue is the cross pollination of you guys and the die hard Tygerberg fans who don't accept that what you say has any weight.

So while a discussion 'could' theoretically be had by interested parties, the tone is lowered by those who start slinging mud and insults, which turns into a cat fight and starts taking up HubHQ's 'udgrading' time to look after hubbers having a spat. Again. Over the same thing.

I reckon it's time to just cut losses and accept that Tygerberg will never listen so step away, embrace the freedom and ride elsewhere.

It's like trying to understand the ANC and it's relationship with SARS....

As long as the point you have made repeatedly is still available to read on all the multiple threads you made it then maybe we have different understandings of the word censorship.

I guess I just think old/dead threads will never get seen again. So to say don't comment on a new one because people will automatically know to go look for old ones and then closing said new thread is censoring things.

I fully get that. I think the main issue is the cross pollination of you guys and the die hard Tygerberg fans who don't accept that what you say has any weight.

So while a discussion 'could' theoretically be had by interested parties, the tone is lowered by those who start slinging mud and insults, which turns into a cat fight and starts taking up HubHQ's 'udgrading' time to look after hubbers having a spat. Again. Over the same thing.

I reckon it's time to just cut losses and accept that Tygerberg will never listen so step away, embrace the freedom and ride elsewhere.

Yup. It's why I don't renew my membership, and just pay day-rates at Conters or Hoogies. 

snip

imo the 'unpgraded' site should be fixed rather than threads being shut down left right and centre by our new authoritarian communist HubHQ overlords 

:ph34r:

Hey! SARS does good work, they never forget to take my money. But yes, as Myles has said. Currently not a member and won't consider being a member until things show a sign of entertaining the idea of change. But I still care as I do still enjoy riding those trails.

I've never understood the "well you're never going to come to an agreement / change anyone's mind on this topic, so we'll shut it down" argument. What's the point of a discussion forum if you can't discuss. If everyone agreed on everything, I'd venture that this Bike Hub business wouldn't make any money.