Tygerberg MTB Club Trails

JasonS

Tygerberg MTB Club  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member of the club?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, because most of the 150km of the trails are generally speaking, smooth as tar.
  2. 2. If you answered No to Q1: If TMTB was more open to the suggestions of it's members iro the technical nature of the trails, would you consider becoming a member?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A: I am a member
  3. 3. If you answered Yes to Q1: Would you like to see more of your membership fees spent on increasing the variety of the trail network?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A: I am not a member

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk is making me hanker for a hoogies fair cape loop but that will make tomorrow's tour de ppa even harder ...

The big question is... does mamil get dropped on the first hill like last year or can I hold on until vissers?

I am just looking forward to Patrick's next news letter...He has been given enough petrol to start a moerse fire with.

I am just looking forward to Patrick's next news letter...He has been given enough petrol to start a moerse fire with.

Why would that be? Because we've said multiple times how we appreciate Patricks work and how when we ride with him alone how he also enjoys more tech stuff? Interesting.

Oh and Mamil...seriously, get a life (and some teeth nogal to bite with). That made me lol...If you poke the Mamil they are known to bite. I must remember that one if I ever see you in person  :clap:   I'll bring an appropriate poking device  :wub: Ya really don't need to get so agro man.

Your misinterpretation of what has been said and what this is as an undertaking is difficult to comprehend. 

But yes, maybe the AGM is not the place, but it could be. There always has to be some form of starting point for discussions. Needless to say other things are going on behind scenes too ITO this.

Albeit flawed as even I had said already. This poll is presents far beta data than have been collected before, whether you accept that or not, is well, irrelevant.

Enjoy racing tomorrow then.

Edited by Thermophage

Why would that be? Because we've said multiple times how we appreciate Patricks work and how when we ride with him alone how he also enjoys more tech stuff? Interesting.

Oh and Mamil...seriously, get a life (and some teeth nogal to bite with). That made me lol...If you poke the Mamil they are known to bite. I must remember that one if I ever see you in person :clap: I'll bring an appropriate poking device :wub: Ya really don't need to get so agro man.

Your misinterpretation of what has been said and what this is as an undertaking is difficult to comprehend.

But yes, maybe the AGM is not the place, but it could be. There always has to be some form of starting point for discussions. Needless to say other things are going on behind scenes too ITO this.

Albeit flawed as even I had said already. This poll is presents far beta data than have been collected before, whether you accept that or not, is well, irrelevant.

Call a SGM.

And mamil what is your suggestion on filtering trails from the website for members grading? Or do we throw everything in. If a survey is too long people will likely not participate making the whole exercise inaccurate and fruitless.

I imagine there's a lot of stuff that's hard for you to comprehend.

Oh and Mamil...seriously, get a life (and some teeth nogal to bite with). That made me lol...If you poke the Mamil they are known to bite. I must remember that one if I ever see you in person  :clap:   I'll bring an appropriate poking device  :wub: Ya really don't need to get so agro man.

You mean which trails to ask people to give their difficulty assessment of?

Why do you want that information?

Call a SGM.
And mamil what is your suggestion on filtering trails from the website for members grading? Or do we throw everything in. If a survey is too long people will likely not participate making the whole exercise inaccurate and fruitless.

Thermo - you complain and moan about club treatment of you, respond with "butthurt" and "STFU" to anyone who takes you on and wonder why you get an aggressive response? 

It's not entertaining, it's annoying and I'd conjecture has something to do with the wall and the polarised response you get from the club. Does your cause more harm than good I would say.

I've given you pointers on how to construct useful and constructive research different from the self serving poll you plan on basing your approach on. Playing with that idea was entertaining.

Well I've tried to entertain you haven't I?

Thermo - you complain and moan about club treatment of you, respond with "butthurt" and "STFU" to anyone who takes you on and wonder why you get an aggressive response? 

It's not entertaining, it's annoying and I'd conjecture has something to do with the wall and the polarised response you get from the club. Does your cause more harm than good I would say.

I've given you pointers on how to construct useful and constructive research different from the self serving poll you plan on basing your approach on. Playing with that idea was entertaining.

I've only responded to sphincters such as yourself which have come with their polarised and heavily biased views. Go back under your bridge, learn to read objectively and then come back and discuss things.

I think once you do that you will realise there is no polarisation in this thread or the few this week from myself and many others advocating for this.

There is a plan underway, your suggested "steps" can happen, but they are not the first steps to be taken.

So yes, you sound butthurt and I still think you can STFU so that the rest of us here trying to be constructive with as little bias as possible can continue our discussion.

How's that sound oompie?

Like a limp wristed muppet who thinks that a veneer of bravado and machismo is sufficient compensation for paucity of intellect. It sounds like threatened, garbled posturing. 

I've only responded to sphincters such as yourself which have come with their polarised and heavily biased views. Go back under your bridge, learn to read objectively and then come back and discuss things.

I think once you do that you will realise there is no polarisation in this thread or the few this week from myself and many others advocating for this.

There is a plan underway, your suggested "steps" can happen, but they are not the first steps to be taken.

So yes, you sound butthurt and I still think you can STFU so that the rest of us here trying to be constructive with as little bias as possible can continue our discussion.

How's that sound oompie?

Like a limp wristed muppet who thinks that a veneer of bravado and machismo is sufficient compensation for paucity of intellect. It sounds like threatened, garbled posturing. 

Big word, now you're just trying to sound smart

I despise you're so called machismo btw. Can't handle the jock thing, revolts me.

My wrists have had plenty of exercise...Typing responses to you.

Gimme a PM sometime if you'd ever like to go ride bikes I think we may get on well actually IRL.

Now back to your bridge to study.

bah

Big word, now you're just trying to sound smart

I despise you're so called machismo btw. Can't handle the jock thing, revolts me.

My wrists have had plenty of exercise...Typing responses to you.

Gimme a PM sometime if you'd ever like to go ride bikes I think we may get on well actually IRL.

Now back to your bridge to study.

Thermo - stop whinging about it - see Jewbacca's excellent suggestion earlier in the thread about drawing up a detailed proposal and plan.

Every sports club I've ever belonged to - running, cricket, cycling, squash for a short while has relied on a small number of people devoting a lot of time to keeping things running. Whenever there's a wish from the members for something different to what is being done to happen, this membership must step up and make plans. If you want hot dogs and home made lemonade at the drinks break after 30 overs - someone's girlfriend has to get involved and make them. If you want better surfaces in the nets - someone ha to pitch in on a Saturday to help pull the roller across the turf and so on. If you want better / more / different trails, design them, enter a constructive process ...

At the moment though all I can hear is "Mommy won't listen to me about what I want and it's not fair"

@mamil.

This was the 3rd post of yours in this thread, and immediately you're taking pot shots at thermophage, insinuating that he's a whingy attention seeking whatsit who is throwing his toys out the cot.

Stop. Take a breath, read and u deratand what we're posting, and stop escalating the situation. You've been caustic and condescending since this post, on a matter that YOU ADMIT you've not got the back story on.

It's not ayoba. The reason Thermo called you "butthurt" is because you came out with the condescension and insults before even understanding the situation, and you've previously done exactly the same on other Tygerberg threads. Just because we're criticising certain aspects of the club, it doesn't mean we're criticising the whole entity.

As an aside, Thermo's job IS stats. I'd advise holding up on the lecturing a bit, too.

Yes, this post may appear condescending, and I apologise if it comes across like that. I just see an escalating situation where you're constantly throwing fuel on the fire.

Gotcha Dale - just giving back what I got dished. If you poke a mamil they are known to bite

The irony in this is that you shot first. Edit: But. That is done, now. Please let's try to keep it civil. Understand that there has been a helluva lot of engagement behind the scenes with various people at the "big table" across several years, so the frustration is real. Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem