Tygerberg MTB Club Trails

JasonS

Tygerberg MTB Club  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member of the club?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, because most of the 150km of the trails are generally speaking, smooth as tar.
  2. 2. If you answered No to Q1: If TMTB was more open to the suggestions of it's members iro the technical nature of the trails, would you consider becoming a member?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A: I am a member
  3. 3. If you answered Yes to Q1: Would you like to see more of your membership fees spent on increasing the variety of the trail network?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A: I am not a member

Whoa there tiger, I have ridden both plenty myself, and I ain't buying what you're selling there.

Lol...then you need to open them eyes of yours or stop walking the portage on Never Ending. Those corners are harder to ride than any on Cobra too. To kittie litter over hardpack, narrowness of the  trail and exposure make it mentally far tougher  to ride as well. It is simply put, more difficult to ride than Hoogies Cobra, and IMO, appropriately graded according to IMBA.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa there tiger, I have ridden both plenty myself, and I ain't buying what you're selling there.

Kinda also the point. Too many different opinions that are subjective not objective.

It's not about "enduro". Forget that term or type of racing exists.

People want more variety and challenges.

Enduro is a form of racing point to point against a clock.

That happens what, 3 times a year maybe for some people. Who cares.

It's the other 363 days a year we're talking about.

alright...not my term,it gets bandied about quite liberally here.I know what Enduro Racing is and have attended said races.Not sure if everyone is on the same page

alright...not my term,it gets bandied about quite liberally here.I know what Enduro Racing is and have attended said races.Not sure if everyone is on the same page

Enduro is literally just trail riding with the descents timed. It's not a type of riding.

If anything, we're trail riders that want more variety on the largest network in the Cape.

Enduro is literally just trail riding with the descents timed. It's not a type of riding.

If anything, we're trail riders that want more variety on the largest network in the Cape.

Yes..we know what it is

I see a few guys have already beaten me to a response. But yeah, that was my subjective experience of Cobra. Maybe it's because it was marked black and I was expecting some features that just never came.

I see a few guys have already beaten me to a response. But yeah, that was my subjective experience of Cobra. Maybe it's because it was marked black and I was expecting some features that just never came.

Point is, Cobra and NES are both Blue trails. Mild blue, if that. Cobra has the higher max gradient, but that's pretty much it. Cobra is smoother, as NES has a deposit of small stones over the surface. Both have "difficult" sections but neither have large unavoidable obstacles (unless you count that rock roll in the middl eof Cobra, which is unaoidable yet not difficult and not big enough to warrant anything over a mild blue rating. 

I'm not sure if it's the best way to compare the difficulty of trails, but do a quick comparison of the average speeds on cobra and never-ending. I did a quick comparison of both my wife's and my times down these trails and we are both about 25% faster on cobra {average speed).

What are you not buying? that the Jonkers is not a blue?

Mild blue is not the colour of bruises sustained on that rock roll btw. #justsaying.

Point is, Cobra and NES are both Blue trails. Mild blue, if that. Cobra has the higher max gradient, but that's pretty much it. Cobra is smoother, as NES has a deposit of small stones over the surface. Both have "difficult" sections but neither have large unavoidable obstacles (unless you count that rock roll in the middl eof Cobra, which is unaoidable yet not difficult and not big enough to warrant anything over a mild blue rating.

Mild blue is not the colour of bruises sustained on that rock roll btw. #justsaying.

Haha. Those are a definite double black.

I deff sympathize with the guys like Thermo. It's very frustrating when your requests for just a little improvement fall on seemingly deaf ears.

So by that reckoning I should grade the pavement that took me out as a black trail too...?

Just because you made a mistake means nothing with regards to the trail rating.

So by that reckoning I should grade the pavement that took me out as a black trail too...?

Just because you made a mistake means nothing with regards to the trail rating.

technically, that pavement would be tarred and therefore inherently be a black route by the nature of tar being black

#JustSaying

technically, that pavement would be tarred and therefore inherently be a black route by the nature of tar being black

#JustSaying

Waahahahaa true!