UCI XCO World Cup 2020 -2021 Season

Hairy

Enjoy it either way and live the life you have created for yourself, nice work man!

Enjoying e very minute of it regardless. Thats what life should be like.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Those watt bombs from MvdP are crazy. I wonder if anyone will be able to respond to his attacks on Sunday. Very exciting!

Well done Hatherly!

Did Pidcock ride the short race?

Nope. He will start near the back of the field tomorrow and will have to finish within the top 16 in order to qualify for the short course next weekend. 

Nope. He will start near the back of the field tomorrow and will have to finish within the top 16 in order to qualify for the short course next weekend.

XCC (short track event) is the top 32 for both men and woman and used to qualify for the grid start. It was 24 in 2018 and I think also for 2019. Last night there were 40 Elite riders so I’m not sure if they extended the number riders from previous seasons.

Points are 50% of the XCO event, and gets riders a favorable start position for the XCO race; so is worth doing well in.

Do you have something, somewhere that contradicts this?

Pidcock starts in P76, out of 154 riders on the start list. 76/8=9.5, that that’s the 10th row. He certainly has his work cut out to get through the field and into the qualifying position for the next XCC event.

XCC (short track event) is the top 32 for both men and woman and used to qualify for the grid start. It was 24 in 2018 and I think also for 2019. Last night there were 40 Elite riders so I’m not sure if they extended the number riders from previous seasons.

Points are 50% of the XCO event, and gets riders a favorable start position for the XCO race; so is worth doing well in.

Pidcock starts in P76, out of 154 riders on the start list. 76/8=9.5, that that’s the 10th row. He certainly has his work cut out to get through the field and into the qualifying position for the next XCC event.

No, I do not have anything to contradict what you posted, you are probably spot on.

I read about a week ago on the bikeperfect website that Pidcock reckoned his starting position in Albstadt would be 90 or something and that he is aiming for a top 16  so that he can start the short track next week.

He perhaps just gave a rough indication at the time without doing calculations.

Interesting that MvdP kept most of his ranking points then?  His last XCO race was in Aug '19.

Interesting that MvdP kept most of his ranking points then? His last XCO race was in Aug '19.

I think this is the reason:

MTB Special Cross-country Ranking - UCI XCO individual ranking published on 03.03.2020 + points won at the 2020 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup in Nove Mesto Na Morave + points won at the 2020 UCI Mountain Bike World Championships in Leogang

https://www.uci.org/docs/default-source/rules-and-regulations/20201210-mtb-specialrankings.xlsx

Interesting that MvdP kept most of his ranking points then?  His last XCO race was in Aug '19.

Kate is still the current WC champ. 2020 didn't count for the World Cup points

Ladies U23:

Kata Blanka Vas podiumed!   3rd

Other names I know from CX

Puck PIETERSE

30 Fem VAN EMPEL (U23 World Champ)

That was a pretty phenomenal ride by Lecomte. She pretty much lead most of the race. I was amazed to learn that France only gets to send 2 riders to the Olympics