Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So no different to this lady then.

WhatsApp_Image_2020-04-07_at_09.01.21.wi

No, because there was only two of us. Hardly the Crime of the Century.

I don't think anyone here is accusing you of being criminal. Simply of being flippant and acting with little regard for your fellow citizens.

I don't think anyone here is accusing you of being criminal. Simply of being flippant and acting with little regard for your fellow citizens.

Yup, and then being smug about it.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/184638-coronavirus-general-discussion/page-745?do=findComment&comment=3661143

"Nobody cares about the lockdown anymore. I just returned from a braai at a friend's place. People across the road also had visitors over. Only the suckers still take it seriously."

Sweden is doing just fine.  It's deaths per million of population are lower than Britain, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands - and it is well on the way to herd immunity.

Check out Professor Johan Giesecke.  He can explain it better than me.

Exactly

It's not working out for Sweden:

https://www.endcoronavirus.org/countries#action

Typical SJW response - why let the facts get in the way of your permanent state of outrage?

Exactly

Typical SJW response - why let the facts get in the way of your permanent state of outrage?

Somethig JeWish?

I do tend to say "meh" a lot.

Edited by TNT1

Tried the 2 pairs of socks trick this morning, my feet thanked me.

Both in the shoes? Or one inside and one on top?

Yup, and then being smug about it.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/184638-coronavirus-general-discussion/page-745?do=findComment&comment=3661143

"Nobody cares about the lockdown anymore. I just returned from a braai at a friend's place. People across the road also had visitors over. Only the suckers still take it seriously."

haha admittedly I had had a couple of glasses of red wine. But it's true I don't feel ashamed or whatever I am supposed to feel about it.

I have dinner with my wife every night. The next day we go out and interact with hundreds of people at work. Is this any different?

Why hide behind the herd? If it's your view...state it as such?

But before you do that perhaps ask for circumstances of the braai?

And even before that, question yourself whether you have transgressed any regulations lately? And if so, whether you had conducted your own risk assessment first to justify your decision?

You don't get it do you?

Not living in fear and being irresponsible is two different things.

Being irresponsible leads to clinics and business closing down until they can sort out disinfection and isolation/testing.

ChrisF has sites that were open, but are now closed, that is bleeding money. That is the exact opposite as to want when you tell people to open their business again. Open it, but be responsible.

Exercising in groups and without masks is stupid and irresponsible. What if someone in that group is asymptomatic?

Braaiing with your mate (as mentioned above) is stupid and irresponsible. What if someone at that braai is asymptomatic?

Its equally irresponsible to blindly follow draconian instructions without stopping to consider and understand whether they are sound and rational.  Well done to Trevor Manuel for critically considering the SA lockdown, and calling it for what it is - NOT RATIONAL.  Unfortunately the sheeple like many of the commentators here have no ability to think for themselves, and feel the need to blindly obey foolhardy nonsense, and worse, feel the need to police others for also not stupidly obeying these obtuse laws.

I have dinner with my wife every night. The next day we go out and interact with hundreds of people at work. Is this any different?

I really don't see how it is much different.  I'd argue what my friend and I did was in fact very low risk in comparison to many other "legal" activities.  And it came after 2 months of very little social contact.  Hardly an every day thing what we did.  Perhaps people are upset that I was brazen about admitting it.

Its equally irresponsible to blindly follow draconian instructions without stopping to consider and understand whether they are sound and rational.  Well done to Trevor Manuel for critically considering the SA lockdown, and calling it for what it is - NOT RATIONAL.  Unfortunately the sheeple like many of the commentators here have no ability to think for themselves, and feel the need to blindly obey foolhardy nonsense, and worse, feel the need to police others for also not stupidly obeying these obtuse laws.

Is Trevor wondering around at night going to braais?

Why hide behind the herd? If it's your view...state it as such?

But before you do that perhaps ask for circumstances of the braai?

And even before that, question yourself whether you have transgressed any regulations lately? And if so, whether you had conducted your own risk assessment first to justify your decision?

Seriously?  lockdown sure be getting to some people, thats for sure.  go for a bike ride, maybe try 5,01km for that rush of reckless craziness!