Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

So.....

Strava has made virtual rides count towards their April Challenges. And one of the challenges is to ride more than 100km in a single activity.

And as luck would have it there's a Rouvy route called

Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Which is 108km long. and was filmed during the CTCT in 2018. Just putting it out there. Please don't bite my head off for punting a specific platform I'm just putting it out there.

I took on your Alp D'Huez challenge (But on Zwift, not Rouvy.... :whistling: ). 66 minutes Monday and 59 minutes this morning with a bit more insight as to what to expect... I reckon it would be super fun to ride in a group.

Not bad going under an hour for a guy who rode a 4:34 Argus....

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took on your Alp D'Huez challenge (But on Zwift, not Rouvy.... :whistling: ). 66 minutes Monday and 59 minutes this morning with a bit more insight as to what to expect... I reckon it would be super fun to ride in a group.

Not bad going under an hour for a guy who rode a 4:34 Argus....

Yassas.

I signed up for Zwift this morning just for a bit of variety. I'll see how long it take me to get to Alp Du Zwift. But I'm fairly confident I won't do 59 minutes. I did a 7:15 argus this year. On a nicely dialed road bike not a bmx.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

So.....

Strava has made virtual rides count towards their April Challenges. And one of the challenges is to ride more than 100km in a single activity.

And as luck would have it there's a Rouvy route called

Which is 108km long. and was filmed during the CTCT in 2018. Just putting it out there. Please don't bite my head off for punting a specific platform I'm just putting it out there.

In which menu is this located?

In which menu is this located?

Click Explore>> Virtual Routes>>Search and type in 

post-83454-0-68830500-1585563834_thumb.png

Yassas.

I signed up for Zwift this morning just for a bit of variety. I'll see how long it take me to get to Alp Du Zwift. But I'm fairly confident I won't do 59 minutes. I did a 7:15 argus this year.

Rad.. Zwift has some fun features. I don't mind the cartoon element.

I'm Jewbacca on Zwift too..... meet ups and group rides!

Thanks for this! There's no way I would have been able to do the Strava cycling climbing challenge for April haha (I wrecked myself getting March). I'm trying to get a little climbing badge for every month of the year  :nuke:

I STRUGGLE to understand how people can't complete any STRAVA CHALLENGE.

Ps. I think I May be Slightly Mentally Challenged

I STRUGGLE to understand how people can't complete any STRAVA CHALLENGE.

Ps. I think I May be Slightly Mentally Challenged

We aren't all highly experienced and we don't all have the same amount of time available, among other factors. I'm relatively inexperienced with cycling.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just checked your profile pic. 

:P  :D It broke me when I first saw it haha. I'll switch it back to my static avatar in a day - or maybe I'll try something else from some MTB footage.

On the things to watch front..... I’ve just discovered Girona and surrounds. What a mind blowing place.

Just wow. I have to get there one day when this virus is finished ruining our plans.

So this is ok?

But we can't cycle alone?

I think everyone knows it is not okay, but what is the alternative?

PS, putting this and cycling in the same sentence is not okay. Grants are necessary for people to put food on the table, cycling is a fun pass time.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

There's always an alternative ...or should be.

I go nuts if i can't cycle.

The point is not the comparison...

but the hypocrisy of 1 law for you and another law always in this country for someone else.

I think everyone knows it is not okay, but what is the alternative?

PS, putting this and cycling in the same sentence is not okay. Grants are necessary for people to put food on the table, cycling is a fun pass time.

but the hypocrisy of 1 law for you and another law always in this country for someone else.

What is the alternative? In order for these people not to break the law you mention

I believe the term might be dramatic irony ... 

Are you actually aware why people are in those queues? Do you understand the concept of needing money just to be able to eat?