CWC Lockdown SALE!

CWC Online

How long do you want people to stay at home? You realise the lockdown is to prepare the the hospitals for the inevitable. The majority of us are going to contract the virus until a vax is found so we are in lockdown until medical facilities are ready and in the meantime the spread is being reduced. However at some point we are going to L2/L1 and then infections will skyrocket. 

It is not IF, but rather WHEN.

While I agree with you, I think the principle is that the driving to all the shops for non essentials is 'against the rules'.

I'm not going to tell anyone how to live their lives, but what I am sick of is all the people driving around, sitting on the beach, exercising outside of curfew or on Parks land etc then lying and playing the victim when they get caught and arrested/fined.

All these woeful cries of the 5%ers telling everyone the police are harassing them and violating their rights when they are in contravention of the current laws, know it and the police are just trying to do their jobs.

The lady who was arrested on muizenberg beach because her toddler ran away?! Yeah.... they had been sitting on the beach for about 45 minutes when the cops came to tell them to move. It's funny because all my staff watched it unfold then laughed at the story published.

Anyway, guys, your bikes aren't being shipped as the fine CWC will incur if caught shipping non essentials is huge. 

Regardless of the situation and how you feel about the rules, they are there, they are going to be policed and at the moment, toeing the line is probably the best thing we can do.

But apparently that makes me a sheeple.... A catch phrase being thrown about by the same people sharing #plandemic

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree with you, I think the principle is that the driving to all the shops for non essentials is 'against the rules'.

I certainly struggle with these conflicting "messages" our leaders send out ....

YES - restrict movement to an absolute minimum !!!

But then they open shops for what they call Level 4 essential stuff .... my knee rehab has already been delayed by about 9 weeks (lost 4 weeks before the lockdown, due to the bio attending a conference).  We have since done a few "tele-med" sessions .... the problem is that you need some equipment for the rehab.  And thus I ventured out to try and find this equipment....

SADLY there seems to be some mis-communication and\or mis-interpretation of the rules by various stores.  IF if was a clear cut case of "Exercise equipment" is not essential, then I would not even have opened my garage door.

There is absolutely no use in opening stores if people cant go out to buy stuff ....

Just make is CLEAR what stuff is actually for sale .... thus avoiding abortive trips, and exposure ...

Then there is also another line of thought that really needs some consideration ....

By all accounts we will be dealing with for the next 6 months.  If nobody goes out to buy anything but food, well then there wont be an economy left !! 

So when we do go out, HOW do we protect ourselves AND others ?

- Avoid touching stuff ... and if you have to, use gloves, or sterilize your hands asap.

- Mask ... to avoid you possibly spreading the virus (as the common masks we get to wear dont really provide the wearer much protection)

- DISTANCE .... as your common cloth mask provides minimal protection, stay as far away from others as possible, avoid shops with long lines of people ....

PS - this series of responses has caused me to re-consider my actions .... Looking for specific item for rehab, hardly a luxury purchase, and I am comfortable with the precautions I took, less so with the bahaviour of shoppers with masks around their throughts adding to my risk.  Going to the bike shops, for spares .... hmmm ... that purchase could have, and should have waited, from a risk perspective, but from a business perspective that owner may well need the cash flow .... so where do we draw the line ?

PERSONALLY - I have a new found appreciation for the decisions that Government has to make to re-start the economy, WHILE limiting our exposure .....  I wont be "window shopping", but as and when it is permitted to buy specific stuff I will buy it - if I need it, AND only if it is safe to do so.  I currently dont even enter a Spar when the line starts outside the shop.  Just because something is "allowed", does not make it safe.

Let's hear others input on how we restart the economy AND stay save .... 

How long do you want people to stay at home? You realise the lockdown is to prepare the the hospitals for the inevitable. The majority of us are going to contract the virus until a vax is found so we are in lockdown until medical facilities are ready and in the meantime the spread is being reduced. However at some point we are going to L2/L1 and then infections will skyrocket.

It is not IF, but rather WHEN.

True. However we need to do our bit by trying to slow down the spread,so that when the inevitable does happen, it's not as severe. We can already see the flattened curve taking effect,so it has been working.

I don't mean, stay at home, as in don't go out at all. Do your essential shopping, go to work etc. but to go window shopping at bike shops, or go look out of curiosity. Lol.

If you were looking for something specific then you could have called around first. Unless of course you no longer want to delay the inevitable and just get it over and done with, then by all means go for it, but then you really need to stay home when you're sick.

You don't need to touch anybody in order to bring the virus into your home. We already risk going out in order to do essential shopping and to go work, so why add to that risk by going to unnecessary places as well?

Called CWC (or the combined CWC/cyclelab call center) over the weekend.  Sounds like CWC still doesn't have the necessary go ahead to dispatch anything from their warehouses.  

Indoor trainers are also excluded from the "allowed stock" that can be sold.

Quite frustrating that so many of these lockdown rules are nonsensical 

dunno if it has been covered here but what i don't get is how Sportsmans warehouse seem to be able to sell everything except "team sports" gear....and thats basically cricket bats, hockey sticks and rugby balls. I went to the rondebosch one on friday to get my wife a yoga matt and a new rear light for my bike and there were 2 pairs of parents buying kids bicycles....not to mention the crowd that the -50% sale pulled lol.

Edited by morneS555

dunno if it has been covered here but what i don't get is how Sportsmans warehouse seem to be able to sell everything except "team sports" gear....and thats basically cricket bats, hockey sticks and rugby balls. I went to the rondebosch one on friday to get my wife a yoga matt and a new rear light for my bike and there were 2 pairs of parents buying kids bicycles....not to mention the crowd that the -50% sale pulled lol.

Its completely insane how they've got this so wrong!

Called CWC (or the combined CWC/cyclelab call center) over the weekend.  Sounds like CWC still doesn't have the necessary go ahead to dispatch anything from their warehouses.  

Indoor trainers are also excluded from the "allowed stock" that can be sold.

Quite frustrating that so many of these lockdown rules are nonsensical 

Was in CycleLab yesterday and they basically could sell everything except summer clothes. So why not CWC?

Also getting very frustrated at the whole back and forth. Have numerous items on back order with CWC and funny enough noticed today that the IDT order has been moved from processing to incomplete?

Also heard that one of the big problems is the clearing of stock at the ship yards, so who's to say when these orders will ever be fulfilled.

Guess we will just have to try and be as patient as one can be under these circumstances and the level of uncertainty that everyone is operating under.

Was in CycleLab yesterday and they basically could sell everything except summer clothes. So why not CWC?

Same company so you would think that what applies to one would apply to the other ????

I got a message from (retail seller of idt) saying track your order - so I did and my order somehow seems to be in town - courier will call is status

Order was purchased during lockdown so I'm hoping

I would imagine they are still running as 2 separate businesses, albeit under the same umbrella.

The issue is this stuff was bought while under lockdown knowing it would only be shipped once lockdown is over.

Should CWC/Cyclelab start shipping against regulations they are liable for huge penalties and you will likely never get a seixed package. Ever.

So patience is key in this and understand that we bought this stuff under those T's and C's.... We can't in any way blame the shops for being unable to supply under these conditions.