CWC Lockdown SALE!

CWC Online

Yes but they get to keep your money until they can send you a letter in 2 months time saying the item is out of stock. Then take another month to refund you. Not a bad way to keep your business alive while under lockdown!

unethical but wouldn't be surprising

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but they get to keep your money until they can send you a letter in 2 months time saying the item is out of stock. Then take another month to refund you. Not a bad way to keep your business alive while under lockdown!

If they do that you can force a refund as their T's and C's are pretty specific.

We all took the risk buying during lockdown knowing it can't ship. Those whinging should have hung onto their cash and bought after lockdown in 2022.

The issue is this stuff was bought while under lockdown knowing it would only be shipped once lockdown is over.

Should CWC/Cyclelab start shipping against regulations they are liable for huge penalties and you will likely never get a seixed package. Ever.

So patience is key in this and understand that we bought this stuff under those T's and C's.... We can't in any way blame the shops for being unable to supply under these conditions.

Yep not blaming the shop in any way, these are the cards they are dealt.  Just frustrated with the situation.  My own first world problems in my bubble.

If they do that you can force a refund as their T's and C's are pretty specific.

We all took the risk buying during lockdown knowing it can't ship. Those whinging should have hung onto their cash and bought after lockdown in 2022.

I share your view, however lockdown was implemented for 3 weeks and that was a rational and reasonable time to wait.

I also agree with CWC that until the law allows for them to deliver, they should not do so.

The frustration is that there is no rational reason for the regulations which prevent CWC from doing so.

I share your view, however lockdown was implemented for 3 weeks and that was a rational and reasonable time to wait.

I also agree with CWC that until the law allows for them to deliver, they should not do so.

The frustration is that there is no rational reason for the regulations which prevent CWC from doing so.

There is nothing rational about the 'planned economy' I'm afraid...  :thumbdown:

Of more concern right now is do they actually have our IDT's in stock Eddy.  I know we bought them around the same time and I am not sure they do

So given what we paid around 1 April, will they deliver?  I know that the cost of these items is more than we paid on the sale. (unless these were pre ordered taking forward cover)

I agree wholeheartedly.

So many of these rules and regulations make little to no sense, but the punishment for breaking them is severe.

It doesn't help that people are fast losing patience. With pretty much everything. I know my attitude changed over the weekend as something inside me just broke.

I am annoyed by everyone sharing opinion pieces by Doctor whatstheirname that align with their agendas. I'm sick of the blaming and finger pointing, of the DA being idiots and people 'agreeing', the general situation sucks and the numbers are now starting to spiral.

I now read gazetted things that immediately influence how I can live and what I can do. The rest is all just toilet spray. 

Of more concern right now is do they actually have our IDT's in stock Eddy.  I know we bought them around the same time and I am not sure they do

Listen, if they don't have enough to deliver to both of us, you can have mine as you are otherwise limited to riding the gravel roads in the mountains above Sedgefield and Wilderness while I have the whole of the Jo'burg CBD and most of Hillbrow at my disposal......

Or not....

CWConline, normally quick on the ball i think the people are looking for some answers here. You've got the money, some updates would be nice.

I certainly struggle with these conflicting "messages" our leaders send out ....

YES - restrict movement to an absolute minimum !!!

Let's hear others input on how we restart the economy AND stay save .... 

yes it's confusing. we live in the most unequal country and the world and they need to make snap decisions that apply to all without going through the usual level of diligence. It is never going to make perfect sense, because the amount of time it would take to iron out all grey areas would make it obsolete when done. it's a fluid situation, all of it.

as i called you out on this, i suppose the answer is do what you want, no one is going to stop you. but the first option should be to phone or email first before going tyre kicking.

Has anyone received a Waybill from Cyclelab? I have received one Friday with a tracking number but seems like its stuck in JHB since then. I ordered a helmet.

Listen, if they don't have enough to deliver to both of us, you can have mine as you are otherwise limited to riding the gravel roads in the mountains above Sedgefield and Wilderness while I have the whole of the Jo'burg CBD and most of Hillbrow at my disposal......

Or not....

ok you win, if they send me my IDT instead of Laurie's 26er tubes, you get it

ok you win, if they send me my IDT instead of Laurie's 26er tubes, you get it

I can use Laurie's tubes, I'll swap them for Graham's replacement spoke mounted reflectors and dork-disk....

unethical but wouldn't be surprising

wait for it. a large portion of my orders is now being refunded. near R5k

i confirmed directly over the phone with CWC and cyclelab prior to ordering and they confirmed they had stock.

these were items i specifically requested on their lockdown sale.

I am speechless 

my only train of thought here is they have now realised that with the exchange rate so far out they stand to make more money refunding me and then reselling the item at a new higher rate.

Edited by Furbz

wait for it. a large portion of my orders is now being refunded. near R5k

i confirmed directly over the phone with CWC and cyclelab prior to ordering and they confirmed they had stock.

these were items i specifically requested on their lockdown sale.

I am speechless 

my only train of thought here is they have now realised that with the exchange rate so far out they stand to make more money refunding me and then reselling the item at a new higher rate.

Absolute BS. Why offer something on sale if they cannot honor it.