Site updates: Improved Image Uploader and Viewer (Classifieds)

Matt

Hi Hubbers,

Since the launch of the new site in December 2019 our team has been hard at work on various improvements, bug fixes and new features. Many of these are released into the wild silently, but going forward we'll be maintaining a public change log to highlight feature updates and bug fixes.

For more significant feature updates we'll also post separate announcements in this forum (just like this one).

We welcome feedback on these or future updates. If you've got a feature request or have encountered an issue, please let us know via help@bikehub.co.za or post a topic in the Help & Support forum.

Feature updates - 23 June 2020

Improved Image Uploader (Classifieds)

Automatic resizing
Images are now automatically resized before upload so you'll be able to upload larger image files (up to 15MB) without needed to resize yourself.

Improved upload progress
Multiple image uploads are also more stable, and the uploader provides better feedback about upload progress for each file.

Increased image limit
You can now add up to 15 images to your advert to ensure you're covering all angles.

Uploader.png

Improved Image Viewer (Classifieds)

The image viewer on ads has also been updated. Users had reported some issues with images not loading properly on certain devices and problems navigating between images in full screen view in particular.

The new viewer ensures proper display across a wider range of devices and improved navigation between images in either mode. It also includes a thumbnail strip to allow quick navigation to specific images. 

Ad page
Viewer ad.png

Full screen
Viewer - Fullscreen.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's better now.

the loading times when clicking/loading/browsing on the images previously (even on a 100mb line) were 1995 levels of cringeworthy.

it's better now.

the loading times when clicking/loading/browsing on the images previously (even on a 100mb line) were 1995 levels of cringeworthy.

Glad it is noticeable, we also now load a more appropriately sized image in the in-ad viewer to improve loading times.

Thank you, noticed it for the first time last night when I could suddenly choose which Pic I wanted featured

You could actually do that previously, but perhaps it wasn't as obvious.

This forum needs a copy paste function to add images to posts - this whole save pic and then upload and then add to post Bleh ! its yesterdays tech.

Edited by madmarc

This forum needs a copy paste function to add images to posts - this whole save pic and then upload and then add to post Bleh ! its yesterdays tech.

Concur.

Glad it is noticeable, we also now load a more appropriately sized image in the in-ad viewer to improve loading times.

You could actually do that previously, but perhaps it wasn't as obvious.

I just uploaded in an order so my preference was always featured

Something wrong with the Giant Talon's fork, stantions reversed maybe?

You're correct

Very observant

Seems too obvious to miss now!  :eek:  

Clearly I was more focussed on showing the viewer off! 

The forum update is coming.

The classifieds is a different platform and is under running construction currently, while the forum aspect of the site is being worked on and will be launched soon enough.

Short wheelbase is making a comeback.

I see that Gumtree is now allowing video uploads ... have not delved into the nitty gritty of how they allow you to do this, but I recon it is a good idea.

Seeing something funky happening when viewing ads and then opening up the menu.

Check the screenshots (Motorola g5s - Android 8.1)

Looks like the image thumbnails are staying in the foreground.

c51a4fb2efd371a60d3f764bbd689d6b.jpg95acd9e6d4f78806ed1844800bc995c9.jpg

Seeing something funky happening when viewing ads and then opening up the menu.

Check the screenshots (Motorola g5s - Android 8.1)

Looks like the image thumbnails are staying in the foreground.

Thanks for reporting this. We picked it up yesterday and should have the fix live today.