Rigid Lefty Fork??

duanelr

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the 20" sub3 hope indeed!

I'm looking for a 34.9 braze on clamp so I can run my 53/39 rings for Argust...... For now the 42 oval is doing gravel duty

It is a rad little bike. I love it

I am unfamiliar with that bike but why a braze on clamp? What about rivnuts and a direct mount derailleur instead of brazing on the frame for the compact crank? Or am I just miss understanding...

I am unfamiliar with that bike but why a braze on clamp? What about rivnuts and a direct mount derailleur instead of brazing on the frame for the compact crank? Or am I just miss understanding...

I can't find a road fd with a 34.9 mm clamp, but you can get clamps that mimic the braze on so I can add the FD and chainrings when I want to and use a braze on FD...... Not sure if that is any clearer

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-derailleurs/shimano-dura-ace-r9100-front-derailleur-band-on-adaptor/11335812.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=ZAR&shippingcountry=ZA&variation=11335813&shoppingpid=clear_SS_061017_usau&gclid=CjwKCAjwi_b3BRAGEiwAemPNU3VYrq9sAO1nywlUmQ1S_0ZU9N90w18UT16NYoCEn-mZpYMSrrqGBBoCVXYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Jewbacca

ps Guy....you now need a matching 'trail' mini velo haha:

why is there not a fred for these? so  so cool imo

erm..... does 24" count?

:ph34r:

You mean there are people who don't know what a Hooligan is??

You can point them to the Donald thread.

Let me know when you need one, im 100% sure i have a couple in the garage. 

now I want this for no good reason

Since getting and riding the Hooligan, I am all about the mini velo... I'm sure it's a 'phase' but having a different perspective and feel in the saddle has been awesome.

I'm in the process of 24" MTB love. That or getting a Lefty Oliver (same length as the rigid) and turning this into a 20" mtb....

Since getting and riding the Hooligan, I am all about the mini velo... I'm sure it's a 'phase' but having a different perspective and feel in the saddle has been awesome.

I'm in the process of 24" MTB love. That or getting a Lefty Oliver (same length as the rigid) and turning this into a 20" mtb....

is the oliver the one on the slate? - I had one of those, amazing fork. In fact on gravel the only thing I would say comes close to a Lauf plus you can lock it out.  I sold that bike because it felt slow.  Turns out it wasn't because 4 years later I'm still slower on tar and gravel using various bikes.  Of course that Slate was carrying less on board than my current fleet

is the oliver the one on the slate? - I had one of those, amazing fork. In fact on gravel the only thing I would say comes close to a Lauf plus you can lock it out.  I sold that bike because it felt slow.  Turns out it wasn't because 4 years later I'm still slower on tar and gravel using various bikes.  Of course that Slate was carrying less on board than my current fleet

That's the one!

30mm of plush.

They are rad bikes. I always wanted one but my obsession with steel always stopped me.

I'm partially over that now and am eyeing out a few viable donors

Seeing that Hooligan reminded me of this photo way back in MBA and obviously had me looking for it for the last few hours... Interesting that plus tires (19"x3") and 29'ers both appeared around the same time.

post-3321-0-86520100-1593766726_thumb.jpeg

Edited by hansolo