Stolen: Cannondale Supersix EVO - High Mod 2017 (Cape Town)

Pure Savage

that sucks, close to the copshop and a busy part of town - fear this could get more common as okes get desperate. plus one on the trauma counselling, don't put it off.

in an ideal world the edge 520 could work out it's location connect to the internet and the nice people at garmin could show you where the thieves have been (and are currently).

Had the trauma session yesterday and scheduled another for next week monday, has helped.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually rode the morning coffee on my gravel bike, the 30T upfront causes a "Laura" from constania spin class impression. Was great though, pumped the tyres nice and hard and the extra grip in the corners was fun! Very tiring though. 

Also, love the pic!!!

the 30T will be just find if you come this side and ride with me  - my 42 and 10/50 should make us a bit more even than if you had proper gears

Nothing on the bike, discovery is being pretty slow with the claim. They trying to find a Cannondale high mod with 40mm deep sections and there are non in the country. They seem to be stuck.

I did this exercise a few months ago.

No stock. Even abroad it is rare - specifically Hi-Mod.

The new Evo is flooding the market, B.

I did this exercise a few months ago.

No stock. Even abroad it is rare - specifically Hi-Mod.

The new Evo is flooding the market, B.

Yeah, there will be a new shipment at some point. 

I am looking between a swift and 2020 supersix rim. 

I just wish the discovery agent gets a move on.

watch the BH classifieds.

Friend  of mine was bike jacked a couple of weeks back and her bike popped up in the classifieds last week.

Edited by DieselnDust

Just a heads up. This is a lesson learned through bitter experience.

If insurance pays up for your bike and you spot someone on it, it does not belong to you. You can try to recover it but it legally belongs to the insurance company.

And if you pay money to recover the bike you're knowingly buying stolen property. Which is a criminal offence. Also the insurance company will recover the bike from you and you will lose the money paid over.

watch the BH classifieds.

Friend  of mice was bike jacked a couple of weeks back and her bike popped up in the classifieds last week.

What came of this?

Did the police go get the bike or were they too busy stopping people from buying cigarettes?

If insurance pays up for your bike and you spot someone on it, it does not belong to you. You can try to recover it but it legally belongs to the insurance company.

And if you pay money to recover the bike you're knowingly buying stolen property. Which is a criminal offence. Also the insurance company will recover the bike from you and you will lose the money paid over.

Already chatted to the insurer. I have handed all info to cops.

What came of this?

Did the police go get the bike or were they too busy stopping people from buying cigarettes?

Apparently the bike was spotted in Somerset West. Seller removed the ad so its gone quiet again.

Sounds like a very sophisticated mafia behind these bike jackings

but, in some cases you can buy it back from the insurance company, normally for a lot less than the value paid out

but, in some cases you can buy it back from the insurance company, normally for a lot less than the value paid out

Ja. I bought my bike back from a scumbag. I notified my insurer and they came to collect. I had a Utopian thought in my head that they would just let me have it.

My insurer had a blind auction. I decided not to bid on "my" bike. Paying 3 times for the same bike didn't feel like a good idea.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• 2 weeks later...

So I have the guys number who went into a Cape Town shop with a photo of my biking asking for shoes/cleats/helmet etc. Have messaged him to ask him either return it or let me know who he bought it from as SAPS detective would like a chat. 

So I have the guys number who went into a Cape Town shop with a photo of my biking asking for shoes/cleats/helmet etc. Have messaged him to ask him either return it or let me know who he bought it from as SAPS detective would like a chat. 

Its not my bike, so not going to go full rambo on the guy, but at least I know exactly where it is etc.

Its not my bike, so not going to go full rambo on the guy, but at least I know exactly where it is etc.

surely it's up to cops/insurance now then? why post here. the nice fellas who took it from you could be peeing here