Stolen: Cannondale Supersix EVO - High Mod 2017 (Cape Town)

Pure Savage

Thats what it sounds like to me.

So someone will end up buying it and then will have it removed from them by discovery.

I am going to email someone a little higher up in the cash crusader food chain.

I am still angry that someone tried to stab me and the store manager telling me I cannot take my bike back did not go down well.

Sent you a DM. Hope it helps.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair it is, or is supposed to be, the same here. Happened to my cousin about ten years ago. Bought a racecar to build up for track day fun....R250k. Being a racecar is where it got blurry with papers etc obviously...since racecars dont have to be registered for road use. a few weeks later after having done lots of work on it already..police rocks up and tells him he’s in possession of a stolen car, and it was confiscated. Done. Klaar. No more car. Lol. Serious school fees. Ps: Mitsubishi lancer Evo 8.

Difference he was minus his car.  Here you are minus the car and you are criminally charged for possession of stolen goods  You tend to make sure what you buy is not stolen

Difference he was minus his car. Here you are minus the car and you are criminally charged for possession of stolen goods You tend to make sure what you buy is not stolen

Speaking of which, it will great when the Ferrari and Aston dealerships in Sandton start getting asked about the due diligence they do when somebody walks in and buys 5 cars with a bag of cash.

Edited by Patchelicious

Difference he was minus his car.  Here you are minus the car and you are criminally charged for possession of stolen goods  You tend to make sure what you buy is not stolen

Technically you can be here too, he had to go give a statement/affidavid and prove he had no idea or way of knowing the car was stolen. The person who sold it to him also disappeared. But i think they prefer that you are given the ultimatum of “we confiscate the stuff...or you go to jail”...so they can have it for themselves lol. I also know that they burn metric tons of confiscated goods on a landfill all the time. Whether they are allowed to rummage through those things before applying fire is another question...

I could not believe it! 

In all honesty, I dont care about the bike anymore. I just dont want someone to pay the R18k they want for it and to find out its stolen then have discovery and police come and take it back etc. 

How much did CC pay for the bike? I am just curious

This is where the SA law is seriously lacking.  Here in Germany if you are busted with stolen goods (even if you bought it) it is a criminal offence. Finish and klaar.  It is up to you who buy the goods responsibility to check that a seller does not buy you stolen goods.  You should ask for the original receipt or for some proof that he did not steal it.  You can't tell the police you found it lying around.  Lost property is to be handed either to the police or in most cases at the municipal offices where they have a lost and found departement.  If someone looks for their lost property they should pay a founders fee which is passed on to the person who handed it in.  If nobody claims after 6 months the items is yours. 

here in South Africa this is also the law

Just that those enforcing don't give a flying F...

How much did CC pay for the bike? I am just curious

It was taken as security of a loan. Was on the shop floor for R18k so must have been less than that I am guessing.

awesome news!

Drop a line to them about the other stolen bike , to make them aware that CC is under the spotlight

Agree, tell the piggy there and then the liv is stolen too. Maybe they can load it and keep it at the station for the owner.

Agree, tell the piggy there and then the liv is stolen too. Maybe they can load it and keep it at the station for the owner.

Cover the front door with yellow "Crime Scene" tape and shut them down for a days. that will get someones attention

OK, update :)

We, the insurance investigator, my detective and I are going to collect the bike at 12:30 today.

I slept better last night.

That’s awesome and I hope CC paid the seller a good price so a big loss to them.

Any idea who sold it to them?

I could not believe it! 

In all honesty, I dont care about the bike anymore. I just dont want someone to pay the R18k they want for it and to find out its stolen then have discovery and police come and take it back etc. 

Do what I did...call your insurance company and say you've recovered the bike (which, if you've been paid out, now belongs to them) and then you can offer them something for the bike. They'll take just about anything (like 2k). I think I offered them 3k for a mountain bike that they'd paid out 20k+ for and they accepted (then wondered if I should have offered them less!).