Stolen: Cannondale Supersix EVO - High Mod 2017 (Cape Town)

Pure Savage

Hey im ssssooooo Glad we could help recover your bike.... Faried... Cash Crusaders are buying toooo much stolen bikes and we need to start holding them accountable for this.. When we got robbed a few weeks ago my friends bike was sold to Cash Crusaders in Parow aswell

Really appreciate all the messages and hope you heal up fast.

i really hope they actually go collect this bike - else Cash crusaders will continue to to feed this habit of the thiefs

Thats my issue - If they say "Yes we will investigate" then do nothing and some random buys it, will "create a market",  I know its going to suck for CC, but they need to do better due diligence when buying goods.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really appreciate all the messages and hope you heal up fast.

Thats my issue - If they say "Yes we will investigate" then do nothing and some random buys it, will "create a market",  I know its going to suck for CC, but they need to do better due diligence when buying goods.

CC has helped to create this market, so they should take the loss and put processes in place to prevent or deter these thieves

Glad insurance sorted you out though, but doubt insurance company will put urgency to go fetch the bike before its sold off

CC has helped to create this market, so they should take the loss and put processes in place to prevent or deter these thieves

Glad insurance sorted you out though, but doubt insurance company will put urgency to go fetch the bike before its sold off

Notify the CC that the bike was stolen and that if they sell it they will be knowingly dealing in stolen goods... Not worth the risk to them after that. They're generally quite co-operative with the police on these things - they know they're dealing in stolen goods as it is obvious when you buy a bike like that for R5k (making up a number) but that doesn't mean they can afford to be caught for it. They'll make their money from the 100 other items that they sell without the previous owner knowing.

I recovered a bike from a CC a few years back - it was returned to the rightful owner with the police's assistance (a hubber). The CC printed out the list of stuff they'd bought from the guy and it was many pages long and all at ridiculously low prices.

Notify the CC that the bike was stolen and that if they sell it they will be knowingly dealing in stolen goods... Not worth the risk to them after that. They're generally quite co-operative with the police on these things - they know they're dealing in stolen goods as it is obvious when you buy a bike like that for R5k (making up a number) but that doesn't mean they can afford to be caught for it. They'll make their money from the 100 other items that they sell without the previous owner knowing.

I recovered a bike from a CC a few years back - it was returned to the rightful owner with the police's assistance (a hubber). The CC printed out the list of stuff they'd bought from the guy and it was many pages long and all at ridiculously low prices.

Police seem not to be bothered, discovery's investigator does not seem keen either. They would like me to go fetch bike with police etc, then send a driver in the next 2/3 weeks to collect the bike in their time... 

Police seem not to be bothered, discovery's investigator does not seem keen either. They would like me to go fetch bike with police etc, then send a driver in the next 2/3 weeks to collect the bike in their time... 

might be worth asking them to sell it to you

might be worth asking them to sell it to you

Probably not many people want a cut and slammed Stem.  ha ha! I will charge them a recovery fee :P

If you have conclusive proof that you own(ed) it and that it was stolen (which you obviously do), i'd walk in there and take it. Honestly, let them call the police, will save you the effort of getting them there yourself. go take your property.

My wife's uncle did just that...walked into a CC and took his bike. 

PS: tyhen you just have to deal with Discovery yourself. the police wont come or do anything. they haven't even phoned me yet regarding my bike haha. I have it back now so whatever. Screw them.

Edited by morneS555

Holy crap - for reals

you do all the work for them and 2 weeks later they might collect the bike

this why these crimes will forever continue

If you have been paid out, then it's surely the insurance's problem.

Correct, I am not overly concerned about the bike itself. But letting CC sell the bike creates a market for offloading stolen goods. There are 3 cases alone on this thread where that was the case. 

I have printed all the docs, will go down there, take a photo of it on the premises, speak to the manager, ask if he would like the police to come and investigate the other items he has for sale or let me go home with the bike. 

Then the internal investigator from discovery can come get it from me. Once he has worked out where I live or worked out how to call me on the number I have sent him.

Correct, I am not overly concerned about the bike itself. But letting CC sell the bike creates a market for offloading stolen goods. There are 3 cases alone on this thread where that was the case. 

I have printed all the docs, will go down there, take a photo of it on the premises, speak to the manager, ask if he would like the police to come and investigate the other items he has for sale or let me go home with the bike. 

Then the internal investigator from discovery can come get it from me. Once he has worked out where I live or worked out how to call me on the number I have sent him.

not just that, my wife has worked with the owner of this business (right at the top) before and apparently they take this VERY seriously and it is their biggest headache. They have lots of system in place to minimise this but obviously there are cracks.  i have an idea these cases are all at a local managerial level. Those guys only care about sales numbers and commissions. Threaten them with head office cart blanche style exposure lol

Recovered my bike from Cash Crusaders Table View 3 years ago with the help of the police. 

not just that, my wife has worked with the owner of this business (right at the top) before and apparently they take this VERY seriously and it is their biggest headache. They have lots of system in place to minimise this but obviously there are cracks.  i have an idea these cases are all at a local managerial level. Those guys only care about sales numbers and commissions. Threaten them with head office cart blanche style exposure lol

Will ask if I should post it on my Insta :P

Will ask if I should post it on my Insta :P

or the EFF's twitter...tell them you are a redcap haha 

ca6d9ec6a4102849cc3824e1af5028a7.jpg

Went and saw the bike, informed them it’s stolen. They removed it from the front, I am going to warn people not to buy the stolen goods on our profiles as well.

ca6d9ec6a4102849cc3824e1af5028a7.jpg

Went and saw the bike, informed them it’s stolen. They removed it from the front, I am going to warn people not to buy the stolen goods on our profiles as well.

Out of interest sake - did they say what they're going to do with the bike now? Or will it just be put back at the front of the store again in a week or two from now.