Stolen: Cannondale Supersix EVO - High Mod 2017 (Cape Town)

Pure Savage

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest sake - did they say what they're going to do with the bike now? Or will it just be put back at the front of the store again in a week or two from now.

Thats what it sounds like to me. 

So someone will end up buying it and then will have it removed from them by discovery.

I am going to email someone a little higher up in the cash crusader food chain. 

I am still angry that someone tried to stab me and the store manager telling me I cannot take my bike back did not go down well.

how was it to see your baby all tied up ?

Good job on following through!

I could not believe it! 

In all honesty, I dont care about the bike anymore. I just dont want someone to pay the R18k they want for it and to find out its stolen then have discovery and police come and take it back etc. 

I could not believe it! 

In all honesty, I dont care about the bike anymore. I just dont want someone to pay the R18k they want for it and to find out its stolen then have discovery and police come and take it back etc. 

smash it with a hammer? i get what you are saying....but i'd still be emotionally vested in it even though i've moved on to something new. if i cant have it...no one can :devil:

even better...buy the hammer at the CC store

Edited by morneS555

ca6d9ec6a4102849cc3824e1af5028a7.jpg

Went and saw the bike, informed them it’s stolen. They removed it from the front, I am going to warn people not to buy the stolen goods on our profiles as well.

Tell your insurer immediately, they will sort the Cash Crusaders people.

Tell your insurer immediately, they will sort the Cash Crusaders people.

Have told them, I just did not want it to get sold before discovery wakes up and sends someone. 

I have sent all the details, the shop, pictures, all the case numbers etc. I am just worried they would do nothing etc.

smash it with a hammer? i get what you are saying....but i'd still be emotionally vested in it even though i've moved on to something new. if i cant have it...no one can :devil:

even better...buy the hammer at the CC store

If I had no insurance, I would have taken it for a test ride into the sunset.

If I had no insurance, I would have taken it for a test ride into the sunset.

if the bike still has the serial numbers, the investigating officer should then go there with the papers and retrieve it, thats what I did

Thats what it sounds like to me. 

So someone will end up buying it and then will have it removed from them by discovery.

I am going to email someone a little higher up in the cash crusader food chain. 

I am still angry that someone tried to stab me and the store manager telling me I cannot take my bike back did not go down well.

Is their a parking spot NEAR their door ?

Put up BIG posters on your vehicle stating that CC buys and sells stolen goods ... add photos of your bike.

Next email Discovery, CC branch manager, CC head office, local police, and a couple of news papers .... state the basic facts ....

Fully agree with you the monetary value of the bike is NOT the point of discussion !  The fact that people can put a knife to your body and threaten your life, chase Morne down the road, etc THIS needs to STOP !!!

And as long as CC is part of the chain of recycling these stolen goods the thieves have a market.  STOP CC and the lucrative market shrinks .....

And to those Hubbers buying goods at a price that "is too good to be true" .... YOU are part of this problem !!!

After my little "encounter" on Sunday morning I am gatvol of this nonsense being allowed in our country.  YES, I know theft has always been here, and will always be here ... I have had two bikes stolen many years ago.  But this bike jacking cr@p, and endangering our lives !!!!  :cursing:   :cursing:

if the bike still has the serial numbers, the investigating officer should then go there with the papers and retrieve it, thats what I did

I never recorded the serial number so they dont have the serial number. 

that Liv next to yours is probably also stolen....and so are all the webers. I say this because your braai getting stolen is a thing in my suburb lol. I've lost 2.

Bit of information that some may find useful ...

Your Giant dealer CAN  register your ebike electronically on their Giant system.  Any time the bike goes in for a service they are supposed to link the bike to their system to check for milage, and error codes, etc ... and CAN then see the details of the registered owner.

Should be VERY easy to check the details of the registered owner of the Liv .....

Unfortunately they dont do it automatically.  You need to ask them to do this registration ....

Would expect the other brands of ebikes to have similar electronic registrations.

SO EASY to close out the loop ....

you cant even dream this ****....

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/186071-stolen-giant-liv-avail-3-2016-cape-town/?do=findComment&comment=3728082

i just said that bike must be stolen haha

this now is serious imo....

This guy obviously knowingly buys stolen bikes now, too much of a coincidence.  

This is where the SA law is seriously lacking.  Here in Germany if you are busted with stolen goods (even if you bought it) it is a criminal offence. Finish and klaar.  It is up to you who buy the goods responsibility to check that a seller does not buy you stolen goods.  You should ask for the original receipt or for some proof that he did not steal it.  You can't tell the police you found it lying around.  Lost property is to be handed either to the police or in most cases at the municipal offices where they have a lost and found departement.  If someone looks for their lost property they should pay a founders fee which is passed on to the person who handed it in.  If nobody claims after 6 months the items is yours. 

This is where the SA law is seriously lacking. Here in Germany if you are busted with stolen goods (even if you bought it) it is a criminal offence. Finish and klaar. It is up to you who buy the goods responsibility to check that a seller does not buy you stolen goods. You should ask for the original receipt or for some proof that he did not steal it. You can't tell the police you found it lying around. Lost property is to be handed either to the police or in most cases at the municipal offices where they have a lost and found departement. If someone looks for their lost property they should pay a founders fee which is passed on to the person who handed it in. If nobody claims after 6 months the items is yours.

To be fair it is, or is supposed to be, the same here. Happened to my cousin about ten years ago. Bought a racecar to build up for track day fun....R250k. Being a racecar is where it got blurry with papers etc obviously...since racecars dont have to be registered for road use. a few weeks later after having done lots of work on it already..police rocks up and tells him he’s in possession of a stolen car, and it was confiscated. Done. Klaar. No more car. Lol. Serious school fees. Ps: Mitsubishi lancer Evo 8. Edited by morneS555