What happened at Rosemary Hill today?

slickjay007

Take SAPS to court. Then claim for lost revenue.

* instead of harping on about whomever 'ratted him out'.

Obviously this was a joke ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lot of people complaining about the taxi's and say we need to stand together. This is why taxi's are back to running as normal because they stand together closing high ways and getting their point made. The rest of us all bitch about it and say we need to stand together but it never happens.

When a small (in comparison) riot happens like yesterday about the farm murders at parlement. Nobody cared as they most likely don't work on a Saturday and it was just at one place and they know nothing will be broken or stolen.

Taxis have organised riots that impact the whole country and that's what's needed to get the attention of this government.

What if.... just maybe.... one of the lawyers that frequent the venue actually step up and take on their case pro bono to help them fight this.

Now is the time to stand together as humans against unfair prosecution.

Most of them did, according to rumours.

This incident is the precise reason SA is doomed to fail.

Business owner doing all he can against all odds to keep a business afloat and employ people.

Govt doing all they can to stamp on people and bully their racist narrative and kill all. White businesses even at the expense of the so called disadvantaged.

The hatred in their hearts has infected their heads.

What I've also been saying all along and then being called a verkrampte racist! 

I'ts time some people get their heads out of their as ses and see what these people's agenda is.

maybe someone needs to point out the 40-50 SAP armored vehicles parked in the field behind Rosemary hill, ( not the scrapyard where you cross the road but out behind towards Rhenoster) :ph34r:

Been there a long time though but evidently the police are very invested in the area.

Obviously this was a joke ?

No.

If he crossed his Ts and dotted his Is, as he claims, then he should have no trouble convincing a judge the police were wrong. That's the easy part, and will allow him to open the gates again. 

Idiot

Why?

that sounds like it will cost him more than the effort involved and lawyers fees

Getting money out of them will be a long fight, I agree. 

But us South Africans have a long history of accepting the incompetence of our government officials. And then moan about it. Do something, throw the rule book back at them. Others have, and won, setting precedence for future disagreements. 

No.

If he crossed his Ts and dotted his Is, as he claims, then he should have no trouble convincing a judge the police were wrong. That's the easy part, and will allow him to open the gates again. 

Why?

But us South Africans have a long history of accepting the incompetence of our government officials. And then moan about it. Do something, throw the rule book back at them. Others have, and won, setting precedence for future disagreements. 

Didn't they host a trail run/race there a few weeks ago with what was upward of 300 participants?

I see a lot of people complaining about the taxi's and say we need to stand together. This is why taxi's are back to running as normal because they stand together closing high ways and getting their point made. The rest of us all bitch about it and say we need to stand together but it never happens.

When a small (in comparison) riot happens like yesterday about the farm murders at parlement. Nobody cared as they most likely don't work on a Saturday and it was just at one place and they know nothing will be broken or stolen.

Taxis have organised riots that impact the whole country and that's what's needed to get the attention of this government.

We should do what we did with E-tolls in Gauteng 

Edited by coppi

Slightly off topic but things like this will draw unneeded attention to venues. It will take one Karen to report them and we lose out on great trails to ride.

https://www.facebook.com/events/3158938574173060/

While "this is not an event" is advertise you can't exactly explain that to mister policeman. He will see cars and people around and close it down.

Exact same thing they did at Rosemary 

Edited by Mr Dampf

Slightly off topic but things like this will draw unneeded attention to venues. It will take one Karen to report them and we lose out on great trails to ride.

https://www.facebook.com/events/3158938574173060/

While "this is not an event" is advertise you can't exactly explain that to mister policeman. He will see cars and people around and close it down.

Exact same thing they did at Rosemary 

100% - you can explain all you want how spaced out it is and all the controls and safety protocols followed, but 350 names in the results opens up a lot of interpretation...

@Jewbacca No clue. Don't know the venue, don't know the person who owns it. Only taking the FB video statement at face value. 

If the venue is at fault, well ... all bets off. 

My point is more that it is often misguided to align ourselves with something when we aren't 100% informed.

I feel the SAPS should be leaving these sort of things, but I do also feel we give them an avenue to be petty by flagrantly disregarding the rules (however dumb we think they are) then screaming blue murder when they do police it.

Bear in mind my business is also in ruins from this pandemic, so while I am not yet 'desperate' I am still unable to trade.

My anger isn't blind though. I think we all need to slow down and just accept that the levels at play are a lot more complex than any of us can see or realise. When we pass judgement or make flippant remarks we often reveal that ignorance or lack of understanding.

Edited by Jewbacca

No.

Why?

Dude.

Wake up and smell the coffee.  Or at LEAST open your eyes.

Please.

Dude.

Wake up and smell the coffee.  Or at LEAST open your eyes.

Please.

This statement makes it seem like things are so black and white, so obvious, that anyone who makes a fairly common sense statement (which is what a reasonable person would have perceived what Tinmug said) is clueless.

Care to enlighten us with this coffee of yours? Please?

From RH ..

"Wow, what a hectic 24-hours!

Since we have not been issued with any written documentation explaining our alleged transgressions we have decided to reopen on Wednesday.

Remember we are closed Mondays and Tuesdays so from Wednesday to Friday we will trade as usual. 

Once we have more clarity about the effect of numbers, we will decide how to manage access to the two coffee shops and the trails on Saturday and Sunday when there are so many people wanting to visit. 

Thank you for all the offers of assistance, we may still take you up on them if necessary"

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=720646792066812

This statement makes it seem like things are so black and white, so obvious, that anyone who makes a fairly common sense statement (which is what a reasonable person would have perceived what Tinmug said) is clueless.

Care to enlighten us with this coffee of yours? Please?

I don't want to answer for Spinnekop but I share his sentiment and will give you the reason.  The Goverment in all its forms (Departments, police, military) has been doing pretty much what they like for quite some time.  There are many who have dragged them to court and the various departments lost left right and center most of the time.  They have been ordered to pay damages legel fees, etc.  They just turn around and say well that is just the opinion of the courts and ignore it and continue as they were.  So why should someone who is not far away continue to throw money down a pit where there is going to be no return?