Tools at Tokai

Trance Dance

Went to Tokai on Saturday, couldnt enter as some people in our group didnt have the yearly permit thing and we didnt know we couldnt buy day passes. So we turned around and left, they lost about R300 from our group alone.

Went to jonkers yesterday, stopped at gate, ripped out our phones and BAM! snapscan and we have permits.... witchcraft I tell you.... 

Ja.... Government implementation is very seldom up to scratch 

I stand to be corrected on this but as far as I know there are no sales of day permits anywhere.

and with permits only at the arboretum office I can see how people are willing to take the chance of going into the park without a permit

Went to jonkers yesterday, stopped at gate, ripped out our phones and BAM! snapscan and we have permits.... witchcraft I tell you.... 

Government doesn't work like this.

You see, you need someone on hand to take cash.

That way you have the potential for theft. Then because of the theft Sanparks gets to ask for more budget. And also there's a commission of inquiry which takes several months which employs a multitude who sit around and do nothing except eat a free lunch. The lunch of course is put out to tender and miraculously goes to a family member of a sanparks official who provides cheese and tomato sandwiches at R466 a pop and a tin of Ricoffee and long life milk for R12000. No. R18000. Each.

The sandwiches are rejected by the commission and they buy KFC every day for the duration of the party commission.  Halfway through the commission they demand that their S&T be upped from R500 a day to R1000. They go on a rampage destroying offices and computers. The tender for the resupply goes to a family member. 

The commission of inquiry wraps up and no one gets fired. They resolve to teach the thief a lesson by employing their cousin to make sure they don't steal more cash.......

Just been to the Tokai office to get my extensive, quick and easy, everyone was very polite. As of today you can now also purchase a new Activity card. Think it's R620 for initial and R270 for additional members (up to 3 additional members per card)

Just been to the Tokai office to get my extensive, quick and easy, everyone was very polite. As of today you can now also purchase a new Activity card. Think it's R620 for initial and R270 for additional members (up to 3 additional members per card)

Did mine last week already.

and with permits only at the arboretum office I can see how people are willing to take the chance of going into the park without a permit

Yep so can I.

Yip, imagine the rest of world worked like this e.g. you are only allowed to by movie tickets for a show at Canal Walk in the centre of town during business hours.

Expecting private enterprise levels of service from state entities, it's not going to happen.

Welcome to Lalaland, where the rules are made up and the scores don't count.

Edit : But the tools verbally abusing the staff at the gate, are all boxes.

Edited by PhilipV

Yip, imagine the rest of world worked like this e.g. you are only allowed to by movie tickets for a show at Canal Walk in the centre of town during business hours.

Not quite, the office in question is approximately 100m from the trailhead.

But yes, only open during the week... it's to keep Tokai "local" ????

Expecting private enterprise levels of service from state entities, it's not going to happen.

I thought the rules were pretty simple. Have a card, extend your current card or get a new card. No day passes. 

Anyone not doing that is being a chop. Okes turning around when they see a ranger know the rules. Abusing the staff who are there is a Dick move. 

Sure it could be easier to get into Tokai with snap scan and day passes being open but it's not and to get in is very simple. 

Wildcard was originally run by Infinity, but that went poof when J Arthur Brown's ponzi scheme put him in Pollsmoor and everything got sold. so SANparks thought they could just do it themselves.

doesn't mean they couldn't outsource it again

I thought the rules were pretty simple. Have a card, extend your current card or get a new card. No day passes.

Anyone not doing that is being a chop. Okes turning around when they see a ranger know the rules. Abusing the staff who are there is a Dick move.

Sure it could be easier to get into Tokai with snap scan and day passes being open but it's not and to get in is very simple.

Let me rephrase that then to:The rules make no sense and the scores are made up.

Yes, the rules are pretty simple. Pretty stupid as well.

But it is what it is.

Don't venture too far away from the point though.

Regardless of the card/access situation or signage, shouting and performing at another person is the issue at play here.

It illustrates a very deep rooted superiority complex. 

This behaviour wouldn't 'be fixed' by signage (as indicated in a previous post) nor by cards being sold elsewhere.

The deep rooted attitude that entitles someone to abuse another is not fixed by any of these unfortunately.

Edited by Jewbacca