Garmin Down For Maintenance

Kom

Not anymore... Becoming more the norm to take data as well. Data being used as leverage.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/ransomware-warning-now-attacks-are-stealing-data-as-well-as-encrypting-it/

Yes dude, they do that as well. There is no argument here.

But it’s not the primary focus. The attack on Garmin was not to get your CC or HR data.

We consult with HackerOne monthly and have full time ethical hackers on the payroll. NTT did a big report on this exact topic just last month.

Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the case of G-Pay I doubt Garmin has your credit card details; they'll be stored in the Trusted Platform Module/crypto processor in your watch rather than on Garmin's servers. The same technique is used on Samsung phones, among others.

We consult with HackerOne monthly and have full time ethical hackers on the payroll.

My. What do ethical hackers earn?

I hacked my wife’s Pinterest once when she got locked out. Anyway, the permutations between 2 kids and 2 cats weren’t easy, so I’m damn good. And ethical.

Please consider this my cv [emoji23]

I hacked my wife’s Pinterest once when she got locked out. Anyway, the permutations between 2 kids and 2 cats weren’t easy, so I’m damn good. And ethical.

Depends, they seldom get hired as actual hackers but penetration testers or security auditors, I know one, last I heard he could buy a Bitcoin each month if the tax max left his salary alone.

R1m pa

Is everything back online now? I wanted to buy a Vivoactive 4 but saw the increasing number of negative reviews of Garmin Connect claiming a lot of features and syncing still doesn't work...

Is everything back online now? I wanted to buy a Vivoactive 4 but saw the increasing number of negative reviews of Garmin Connect claiming a lot of features and syncing still doesn't work...

What phone do you use? If those negative reviews are huawei users then it has nothing to do with this attack.

Mine seems to all be back. All my active dayz for momentum have synced on their app which was the last thing for me that took a while to come back.

All working for me, has been for a while now

Everything working 100% in my house on a Fenix 6X, Fenix 3, Venu, Edge 520, Edge 1030+ and Forerunner 20. All devices are paired to iOS and/or WiFi.

I cannot ride outside at the moment (summer) so can’t confirm if LiveTrack is working. But running, gps, activity sync, workout sync, 3rd party API’s to TrainerRoad, TrainingPeaks & Strava are working perfectly.

Been fully operational for a few weeks already, both on the watch and the cycling computers

• 2 weeks later...