Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

I think I've fallen hard for that Unno.

mate that beauty to Rotors 13 speed Hydraulic groupset for a very unique machine

maybe a bit soon for that, a bit clunky apparently

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus there’s a paid for axs in the cave

Any reason why you are not looking at a Pinion gearbox bike, aside from having the AXS available?

Gearbox driven, belt drive would definitely be unique.

Any reason why you are not looking at a Pinion gearbox bike, aside from having the AXS available?

Gearbox driven, belt drive would definitely be unique.

aside from having the axs all paid for - thats a big expensive aside.  

I have AXS on my gravel bike and it's seamless - I would love to see one in action and feel it out- I have never even seen a Pinion gearbox so for now I'll stick to a rare bike with a more common drivetrain. 

Not sure about the weight but this will be a weight sensitive build (apart from my own weight)

I would only consider pinion on a trail/enduro/dh bike.

The weight and development as well as service availability and knowledge in SA is still in it's infancy.

Guys struggle to work with Rohloff hubs here, so something like that becomes a hassle re shipping spares to and from different continents to get rolling again as almost no one will carry parts.

Unique is one thing, but some modicum of practicality and reliability also needs to be looked at

the Unno crew have taken 3 weeks summer holidays, tools down.  They don't have my money and I'm left hanging.  They did tell me bike would be ready to ship in September so hopefully the exchange rate won't go the wrong way.

the Unno crew have taken 3 weeks summer holidays, tools down.  They don't have my money and I'm left hanging.  They did tell me bike would be ready to ship in September so hopefully the exchange rate won't go the wrong way.

Can't you pay them yet? No banking details? Or are you gonna wait until it's done...?

Can't you pay them yet? No banking details? Or are you gonna wait until it's done...?

They were supposed to invoice me and send banking details on Friday because they had 3 weeks shut down on the way.  Instead they just packed for the beach leaving me to consider buyers remorse and other things 

They were supposed to invoice me and send banking details on Friday because they had 3 weeks shut down on the way.  Instead they just packed for the beach leaving me to consider buyers remorse and other things 

That horrible thing can only be treated by making another over the top purchase immediately