Nic Bester attacked while training.

gummibear

And nor did I say he did any of those things! If the only thing he took out of that ordeal was the wrong wording for the blacks, then wow again. And I'm sure he can speak for himself.

this is the very problem

everyone is so caught up in being PC and wasting energy pointing out semantics when the reality of the situation is 4 richard-heads decided they wanted this guys stuff and though nothing of inflicting damage to property and harm/injuries to the guy.

THIS is where we need to be focusing our energies

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the very problem

everyone is so caught up in being PC and wasting energy pointing out semantics when the reality of the situation is 4 richard-heads decided they wanted this guys stuff and though nothing of inflicting damage to property and harm/injuries to the guy.

THIS is where we need to be focusing our energies

This is the problem too, no one can just say “hey guys perhaps we should use slightly different wording when discussing these things” without them being crucified as libtard Marxist commies.

We can discuss solutions to the problem while doing so in a manner that doesn’t further drive tensions and attacking each other.

Edited by Patchelicious

So much fail. Rather leave at home.

Out of interest what is the fail here? The stretchy belly band holster or the blank in the chamber?

FACT - Nic was beaten to an inch of his life

FACT - it was4 black individualss that did it

FACT - no amount of pussy-footing and non-judgemental wording towards the perps will change the above two facts.

Edited by sias

An no amount of hate filled internet posts will change that either.

You are right! 

Edited by sias

FACT - Nic was beaten to an inch of his life

FACT - it was blacks that did it

FACT - no amount of pussy-footing and non-judgemental wording towards the perps will change the above two facts.

It was 4 specific black men that did it. Not just "blacks". That is where the problem lies.

Edit: A similar question would be "white minority capital". Are you happy with that title? I'm not because it wasn't "whites" that did it. It was a white government. Similarly are you happy with "afrikaners" being labelled racist even though some of them are and some of them aren't?

Edited by Eldron

...............FACT - it was blacks that did it...........

Wrong to generalize like that. I would truly take exception if somebody lumped me together with the four perpetrators like that.

It was 4 specific black men that did it. Not just "blacks". That is where the problem lies.

Edit: A similar question would be "white minority capital". Are you happy with that title? I'm not because it wasn't "whites" that did it. It was a white government. Similarly are you happy with "afrikaners" being labelled racist even though some of them are and some of them aren't?

Fair points and not always considered in my reasonings! I concede to that and will change the posts.

Out of interest what is the fail here? The stretchy belly band holster or the blank in the chamber?

blank.

Fair points and not always considered in my reasonings! I concede to that and will change the posts.

Wait, someone conceded on a specific point after discussion with a fellow hubber, who brought some context to the discussion... This is madness! There is a glitch in the Matrix!

Seriously though, feel like more grown-up discussions are taking place nowadays. 

Kudo's and Ride-On's to the whole lot of you lekker okes.  :clap:  :thumbup:

Robbie, the libbies will not like your point! It was not racially specific enough and lacked gender identification and thoughtfullness towards the feelings of the alledged  perpetrators.

Do it over!

I am rather opting to not let emotion dictate what I say.

But as for riding with a gun....Kyle Rittenhouse should be an example of why that's a bad idea. Not for protecting one self, but rather that after having done so, you'd be labelled a murderer.

I am rather opting to not let emotion dictate what I say.

But as for riding with a gun....Kyle Rittenhouse should be an example of why that's a bad idea. Not for protecting one self, but rather that after having done so, you'd be labelled a murderer.

Kyle wasn’t exactly just innocently riding along his favorite MTB trail on his bicycle was he. In fact, each time we hear of a story here of a cyclist defending themselves to the misfortune of the attackers, I recall resounding support for the defender. Eg: Durban riders sorts out 3 attackers with their own knife....

The mere fact that his unfortunate story is being brought into this, shows that the motivation here is not about discussing how to stop innocent riders being attacked in SA or self defense measures, but rather it is simply being used as an opportunity to make some thinly veiled anti libbie comment.

Edited by Patchelicious

Wait, someone conceded on a specific point after discussion with a fellow hubber, who brought some context to the discussion... This is madness! There is a glitch in the Matrix!

Seriously though, feel like more grown-up discussions are taking place nowadays. 

Kudo's and Ride-On's to the whole lot of you lekker okes.  :clap:  :thumbup:

Agreed, many of us have posted stuff while hot under the collar that might not have been thoughtfully worded but it takes a certain level of maturity to concede to that when the red mist lifts.