Nic Bester attacked while training.

gummibear

Strength to Nick and his family. This situation is not going to change any time soon unfortunately. 

If you chose to carry a weapon stick to non lethal pepper spray and a taser. Group rides of 5 or more people is a solution but no guarantee of not getting attacked. 

There is safety in numbers though and it is our best option 

Edited by CrankShaft

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a velcro stretch belt. Belly band. Gun will sit on my stomach. One zip down and i can pull it out. Blank one up so no shooting my d#!@ off by mistake.

So much fail. Rather leave at home.

well the article has changed since this morning

https://www.news24.com/sport/othersport/athletics/comrades-legend-nick-bester-in-icu-after-brutal-assault-20200830

now he was beaten with rocks and dragged up the mountain and left for dead. sounds like he may have been running now?? this perfectly illustrates the clickbait nature of the media in general....but especially in this country and ESPECIALLY news24

Edited by morneS555

well the article has changed since this morning

https://www.news24.com/sport/othersport/athletics/comrades-legend-nick-bester-in-icu-after-brutal-assault-20200830

now he was beaten with rocks and dragged up the mountain and left for dead. sounds like he may have been running now?? this perfectly illustrates the clickbait nature of the media in general....but especially in this country and ESPECIALLY news24

This what was sent on WhatsApps yesterday

“From Bruce Fordyce :

Guys I am very sorry to report that Nick Bester was attacked and severely beaten up by thugs while out training. His injuries are very serious. Broken ribs, broken jaw, bad cuts in his head. Will report more info when I learn more. I have spoken to him going for x-rays to check for internal injuries. Was beaten with rocks, dragged up a hill & beaten again with rocks and tied up & left for dead. Had to crawl through the bush to eventually get to a road where a passing car happened to spot him & rushed him to hospital.”

Robbie, the libbies will not like your point! It was not racially specific enough and lacked gender identification and thoughtfullness towards the feelings of the alledged  perpetrators.

Do it over!

“From Bruce Fordyce :

Guys I am very sorry to report that Nick Bester was attacked and severely beaten up by thugs while out training. His injuries are very serious. Broken ribs, broken jaw, bad cuts in his head. Will report more info when I learn more. I have spoken to him going for x-rays to check for internal injuries. Was beaten with rocks, dragged up a hill & beaten again with rocks and tied up & left for dead. Had to crawl through the bush to eventually get to a road where a passing car happened to spot him & rushed him to hospital.”

Thanks. That at least confirms the latest article doing the rounds.

I'm not 100% sure why the ethnicity needs to be highlighted in that way?

I was driven off the road today by for men? I was driven off the road teday by 4 criminals? I was driven off the road today by 4 really dodgy guys?

I dunno... It seems a bit 1980's

Jewie I agree with almost everything you say and your general outlook but this is overly woke, overly PC

Poorly phrased possibly using "Blacks", but fact is 4 men of colour matching the same description in their ID's ran him off the road.

That's the facts, 4 black men drove him off the road and absolutely nothing wrong with stating this - you wouldn't have batted an eyelid if he said four whites

Edited by Waynemol

Jewbacca is not the enemy here, he did not attack the people nor rob them, nor did he in anyway defend the perps either. He simply raised a point about wording, he didn’t take the person to task for the wording, nor shout at them. He raised a point, that’s it.

Don’t aim your misguided anger at him.

Edited by Patchelicious

“From Bruce Fordyce :

Thats very similar to the post made by his son on instagram

Jewbacca is not the enemy here, he did not attack the people nor rob them, not did he in anyway defend the perps either. He simply raised a point about wording, he didn’t take the person to task for the wording, nor shout at them. He raised a point, that’s it.

Don’t aim your misguided anger at him.

Very true, but I'm not convinced the OP's description was racist, if he had said 4 black people instead of 4 blacks..........semantics

The racial tension is getting out of hand in SA (and many parts of the globe) and it's unhealthy with no resolution in sight.  

And nor did I say he did any of those things! If the only thing he took out of that ordeal was the wrong wording for the blacks, then wow again. And I'm sure he can speak for himself.

As can the person that Jewbacca was replying too.