Bike Addict

DR ◣◢

How was your experience?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bike Addict provide you with good service?

• Yes
    • No
    • What service?

I'm baffled that they can't pop in a response from time-to-time... 

as for customer service, if expectations are managed well even during the poor delivery of service, a satisfied customer can still the outcome even if things are forgotten, balls are dropped etc. 

but if they don't see the need to change, who are we to dictate how they run things? all we can do with vote with our wallets

last time I was there, i needed no customer service as the Scott Spark was doing its darndest to sell itself....

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

I'm baffled that they can't pop in a response from time-to-time... 

as for customer service, if expectations are managed well even during the poor delivery of service, a satisfied customer can still the outcome even if things are forgotten, balls are dropped etc. 

but if they don't see the need to change, who are we to dictate how they run things? all we can do with vote with our wallets

last time I was there, i needed no customer service as the Scott Spark was doing its darndest to sell itself....

https://forum.bikehub.co.za/profile/54176-bike-addict/

@BIKE ADDICT haven't been online since dec14th. Everyone deserves a holiday, but i guess a bike store with a large online component needs to keep up to speed on online discussions too.

or maybe they too busy selling bikestuff to worry about a thread on le hub.!

1 hour ago, Chadvdw67 said:

I would love to know

And the plot deepens, Charl told me yesterday that my stuff was sent out on Monday, he FINALLY sent me a waybill number so I can now actually track my stuff, the parcel only got to the courier yesterday 🤬🤬 lying douchebag, so he promised me that I would have my stuff tomorrow, but phoning the courier myself, they cant even promise I will have my stuff tomorrow....

Bike-addict will not see my money again, they were a lot cheaper than competitors, but dealing with the lack of communication, Charl's lying to me about when the parcel went out and when it will be delivered, nope, I will rather pay the extra and get decent service....

CWC and Cyclelab price match

Once you get a written quote confirming that they have stock, chat to an agents online and they give it to you at the same price.

Seems like its luck of the draw with them.

My wife bought me some Leatt MTB Goggles for Christmas. Looking at the email trail, her emails where answered within an hour each time. They didn't have the colour way I wanted, but said they had the black/white one. We replied stating the black one at 9PM, the following morning at 9:10AM the quote was finalised and payment made. Received the package well before Christmas.

Seems that she was dealing with Wayne

Edited by Jako De Wet

Honestly, I've only had great service from them. Email responses and deliveries have always been prompt. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones :)

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

It makes little sense to be 100km up the (since nicely refurbished) N7 where a large amount of actual suppliers are situated. ....

Actually it is barely 37km, one way, from Durbanville.

The distance and logistics is a non issue.  At least, the logistics should NOT be an issue.

I have done the trip a few times just to go pick up something.

BUT ... dont drive until CONFIRMING stock availability .... and yes, get the name of the person who confirms the stock level (at this point you may have to wait while they actually check the stock)

Their quote system and their poor email and absurd response times is a totally different matter, unrelated to their location.

Its laughable that stuff gets here quicker from the UK/Ireland than from down the road in the Swartland. Rapide get stuff to you the next day, car parts ex Jhb I order sometimes come in 2-3 days. I've had equally swift delivery off Bikehub via Postnet 🙂 

I dealt with Wayne 3 weeks ago. He confirmed that the item would have to be ordered from supplier. from the time of 1st contact to delivery was 5 working days. Pricing was very good and Wayne was on the ball.

BTW. I am based in KZN.  

2 hours ago, fanievb said:

Once you get a written quote confirming that they have stock, chat to an agents online and they give it to you at the same price.

This is what I do, if they have something at a better price cwc matches the price without hassle. Just show them the quote. 

10 minutes ago, soslow said:

I dealt with Wayne 3 weeks ago. He confirmed that the item would have to be ordered from supplier. from the time of 1st contact to delivery was 5 working days. Pricing was very good and Wayne was on the ball.

BTW. I am based in KZN.  

I wonder if thats not the supplier sending to you direct on their behalf?

Wayne has placed my order and given me a slight discount, which I have thanked him for. 

Will update once I have recieved my order. 

3 hours ago, fanievb said:

1 hour ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

This is what I do, if they have something at a better price cwc matches the price without hassle. Just show them the quote. 

So you get quotes from Bike Addict and then flip over to CWC or Cycllab to buy it from? If I were BA I'd be a bit slow on quotes if I was taking time out to help fund people to get stuff cheaper else  were based on my prices.  

I've only had a few purchases from them but each one has been fine. Good prices (usually) and delivered without any hassle. They have normally been happy to come to the party and drop some coin off some things without prompting either. Sure people have had bad experiences which are valid, heck, when cyclelab were everywhere in the Cape I never really had a great experience at all. 

1 hour ago, 117 said:

I wonder if thats not the supplier sending to you direct on their behalf?

I ordered 2 completely different items and they arrived in the same package, so i don`t think it was sent directly from the supplier.  

11 minutes ago, soslow said:

I ordered 2 completely different items and they arrived in the same package, so i don`t think it was sent directly from the supplier.  

Part of the delay in the whole process is the shipping of the products to the shop and then sending them on from there.

I have ordered items and then received somebody else's package, which then needed to be collected and sent again. I have also ordered items which arrived in boxes that were crushed and damaged. The item was fine, so I couldn't be bothered to start another process with them.

The couriers they use are not your usual big names, so perhaps they are cheaper (and that is probably why they are also slower) 

All in all, its not an awesome process compared to many other online stores where your item often arrives the next day with no admin or drama. Other times, its worth the wait because the price is that good. But not always...

2 hours ago, Dirt Tracker said:

So you get quotes from Bike Addict and then flip over to CWC or Cycllab to buy it from? If I were BA I'd be a bit slow on quotes if I was taking time out to help fund people to get stuff cheaper else  were based on my prices.  

I've only had a few purchases from them but each one has been fine. Good prices (usually) and delivered without any hassle. They have normally been happy to come to the party and drop some coin off some things without prompting either. Sure people have had bad experiences which are valid, heck, when cyclelab were everywhere in the Cape I never really had a great experience at all. 

It's because I have only been f.ed around by them, from wasting my time and money to drive there, getting cocky replies from keyboard warrior and having to return because of overcharging . By the way you can use advertised prices. But yes I don't care about their time just as they have showed they don't care about their customers. 

Every, and I mean EVERY online bike retailer has their own way you need to deal with them. There is a person behind every one of them. This is not takelot.
Ive bought from most of the known online bike ones in SA…all the way from GP, MP, to NW to KZN to WC. Some proper obscure ones you probably don't even know about even. 

I consider myself familiar with most of their…quirks.  I have used bike addict on a few occasions before. Mainly because when building a bike I always scope out all the shops on my list for prices. Their margins differ greatly. Some give you discount if you EFT too. 
In bikeaddict’s case they had certain higher value items at prices way cheaper than what even the distributors sell them for themselves on their retail section. In anycase, I hate dealing with this specific place in jhb so I always order their stuff through a middleman. 

By mistake or not… BA still honoured their website pricing. Which i appreciate. It was literally thousands cheaper…

My MO with BA is: decide what you want…send an online enquiry though the website about the item, then an hour or so later….phone WAYNE, no one else. Phone. These are ‘Swartlanders’. People in smaller towns around CT appreciate a phone call imo. They are peoples persons. He’s head of online retail…and he’s Afrikaans. Use it, dont use it…

Then tell him you want an invoice so you can pay via eft, send pop and bobs your uncle. Their delivery schedules are a bit wack too but its a small price to pay if you come across a super duper deal on their site.

Edited by MORNE