Tour de France 2021

gummibear

Some geekie numbers from TT yesterday: Wout Poels had av power of 420W for full stage and weighs 66kg, so ~6.3 w/kg .... and comes 53rd on 2.41!!!!!  
So Pogi must have been around 7w/kg for the full 32 min.... nogal woes ek se!!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

The slops????

Been following the story daily, So he had knee pain which is why he changed to slops and he said it helped 100%, So last night when he set off, He made a few extra holes in the slops to get them "race fit" and also because it had been raining so it was difficult to get "grip in" his words LOL and he set off.

2 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Nic Dlamini commented on a Bicycling SA insta post - The legs are good, I've been saving them for breakaway days, Friday maybe .

Good stuff.

Yeah he said in 1 of his stories aswell he was waiting for the breakaway days, Excited to see what lies ahead.

16 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Nic says "I'm breaking away on Friday '

Matthieu is like" hold my beer "

Imagine going off the front in the final 90 mins and no one really chases initially. Then on your 3rd glance back, hoping for companions, you end up in a two man break with Mathieu for 50 kms. I know you can contribute and hang on as it is mostly false flats  @DieselnDust@Jbr@Frosty????

Edited by 'Dale

As mentioned in an earlier post, I was looking out for Wilco Kelderman and he bled so much time (nearly 2 minutes). Still trying to catch up on any background on his performance.

11 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

A mate read an article (trying to find the link) where MvDP wanted a specific wheelset for today and the guy who delivered it had to drive over 900kms to deliver them!! 

Yeah the DSTV feed commentators were talking about it. Arrived late at night. He then stayed up till after midnight apparently setting the bike up.

The last rider before the white jersey to win consecutive TTs in the TdF is Wiggins, 2012

1 hour ago, Chris_ said:

Nic Dlamini commented on a Bicycling SA insta post - The legs are good, I've been saving them for breakaway days, Friday maybe .

Good stuff.

Jissie, that will be fun to watch! The course does seem to lend itself to him. 

Fingers crossed he makes the selection ????

With UAE having a target on their back, it will be very interesting to see the mighty Ineos Grenadiers 'chase' - an unusual position for them.

1 hour ago, Chris_ said:

I wonder if they're cleated slops

He bought flat perrels, _Chris. And those are ordinary Birkenstock sandals. He still reached his milestone for yesterday, at roughly the same amount of completion rate than when wearing his normal Rapha shoes. Just incredible, that monk with a bike.