gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Ant: and Stefan Kung is ejected from the group

Simon: Yes Stefan Kung IS ejected from the group and he's not hanging on...

Slaan my met a pap snoek maar die ouens is darem ###

These commentators are terrible today

I don't know why you (supersport) okes have the sound on. Just stick it on mute. These chaps have 5 hours to fill every second with commentary (read: noise), of course its going to be rubbish. 

Edit: not that I don't like or enjoy insights, I just can't listen to them for very long.

Edited by Chris_

A wonderful and deserved win for Nils! He has been knocking on the door of getting a big win for a while now and finally he gets one! I'm sure he will add some more to his palmares. And a nice little boost to Bora's morale that took a big hit with Sagz having to abandon this morning. 

5 minutes ago, TheoG said:

"He caused the cross winds" ????

Yep, chuckled at that one. 

I'd be hard pressed to talk sense for 5 hours straight. :)

Clearly this stage was very boring hence the many comments about the DstV commentators instead of the race itself  :)

4 minutes ago, Mntboy said:

A wonderful and deserved win for Nils! He has been knocking on the door of getting a big win for a while now and finally he gets one! I'm sure he will add some more to his palmares. And a nice little boost to Bora's morale that took a big hit with Sagz having to abandon this morning. 

And owner of one of the tallest seat posts I've ever seen.

15 min on a flat stage advantage to the peleton , is that an indication of how many matches have been burnt or just because no one would change GC

OR BOTH

Edited by DIPSLICK

2 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

And owner of one of the tallest seat posts I've ever seen.

Maybe in the current pro peloton. I reckon only Declerq's might match it but I wouldn't be surprised if GCN's Connor Dunne has a marginally taller seat post.

Watching a roleur in full flight, amazing, a high wattage factory. A once-in-a -million opportunity for the domestique in Nils Pollit. Redemption somewhat after losing their leader, Sagan. Yoh, he looked strong. Still remember noticing him doing very well at Paris Roubaix riding for Katusha. 

"It's a dream to win a stage in the Tour de France... it is unbelievable... it's my passion cycling..."

Edited by 'Dale

2 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Watching a roleur in full flight, amazing, a high wattage factory. A once-in-a -million opportunity for the domestique in Nils Pollit. Redemption somewhat after losing their leader, Sagan. Yoh, he looked strong. Still remember noticing him doing very well at Paris Roubaix riding for Katusha. 

Has a very good record in the classics does Nils, got second in PR losing out to PhilGil and several top 5 finishes at RVV. Also the Gorilla spoke pretty glowingly about him as well and kinda helped him out with some advice today to go along with the training rides they do together. Just seems a popular winner, doesn't he. 

Also was nice to see Sweeny congratulate him just after he finished. Another guy to keep a eye on as he put in a good performance today. 

I had Politt in my 2019 fantasy team. Scored a few points in the early stages then faded away. I think back to his few points and the helmet I won.

Today was a bit of a bad day for Quickstep as they decided not to chase probably in the hope that Alaphilipe could pull of a win. I guess it was always a long shot as he (AP) has already burned so many matches either attacking or working for Cav that he must be on his last legs. Tomorrow QS will most likely do whatever it takes to get Mark in the sprint.