Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Holy carp! A Nexthash rider made the move. I'm like Squirrel hearing about loadshedding.

Also, I would have sworn blind EBH was retired. 

20 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Nope, just like van Avermaet, he's still in the race. Amazingly

19 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Oh, I meant retired from pro cycling, not just the race. Although the same could be said for van Avermaet and Gilbert (who I constantly confuse for one another).

They're serving their apprenticeship under the guidance of Valverde.

58 minutes ago, dexterdent said:

Agreed. Gerrans (the aussie) just repeats exactly what Ant says when he gets asked a question:

Ant: "Simon, given that this group is 5 minutes ahead and it is raining, will they be able to bridge over from the peleton?"

Gerrans: "Well yes exactly, its raining, and they are 5 minutes ahead, so it remains to be seen if they can bridge over from the peleton"

The only thing a person can learn from Ant is that whenever he makes a prediction it is a dead certainty that it will NOT happen.  

I take Simon more serious as he has at least serious credibility as a successful ex pro rider.  

1 hour ago, gemmerbal said:

the commentators on SS are extremely annoying, the aussie always falling over his words and the other one STILL cant pronounce Pogacar correctly, nevermind the fact that he seemingly cracked etc

Yesterday, the Aussie kept getting the distances left wrong, the riders will be going under the 5km kite, and he'll say, they have 6km left to go. He did a few times 

I’m just chilled cyclist who enjoys TDF no where near the knowledge or stats like u guys here, I’ve not mentioned my frustration during this TDF as I thought maybe I’m just not as knowledgeable but the amount of times I’ve shouted at the tv and asked my non cycling wife 

are these clowns watching the same stage I’m watching is wild

the wife and my daughter think I’m better entertainment than the race 

but man alive some of the calls being made????????????????????

1 hour ago, WR 1.0 said:

Yesterday, the Aussie kept getting the distances left wrong, the riders will be going under the 5km kite, and he'll say, they have 6km left to go. He did a few times 

It’s called the Ozzie compensater! If you have 5 to go, tell everybody around you it’s 6, confusing the crap of everybody and maybe just maybe you get a kangaroo jump on them! ????

Looks like I picked a good stage to be away for the last 3 hours from.

15 mins haha, rest day...