Does this look genuine

Markellis

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a noob, please explain what do you mean by gear down?

Definitely dont want to damage my bike due to ignorance. 

looks like a flea market .. doubt they have real stock of scott .. + all bikes left in high gears ... def wouldnt trust sum1 who doesnt geardown before parking !

It’s leaving the chain on a big chainring when parking the bike for an extended time.

Thanks, so I should leave it on a small one?

Is it because it creates less tension?

It’s leaving the chain on a big chainring when parking the bike for an extended time.

those scotts are faker than a fake thing

The curve in the top tube is wrong. The head tube sculting into the top and down tubes is wrong

The rear stays are wrong

The down tube to BB junction is wrong

There's never been a more wrong fake scott

t so wrong its great great I tell you

Edited by DieselnDust

those scotts are faker than a fake thing

The curve in the top tube is wrong. The head tube sculting into the top and down tubes is wrong

The rear stays are wrong

The down tube to BB junction is wrong

There's never been a more wrong fake scott

t so wrong its great great I tell you

I’m not 100% sure, but are you saying that maybe those are not the genuine Sparks ???

I’m not 100% sure, but are you saying that maybe those are not the genuine Sparks ???

only at the 95% confidence level. There's still a chance a Chinese open mould ended up in the scott factory by mistake after the courier delivered to  Mr. Soom Ting Up at an address 3000km away. My friend Hambini says that the Soom name is popular and Ting Up became popular babies names around  8 years ago

I see a lot of this stuff on Lazada in Singapore - especially the clothing. It’s all on Aliexpress too - except there it is sold for next to nothing not what some of the prices suggest on this site. So definite scam. I’d be amazed if you even received it let alone anything on the bike was genuine.

always best to leave your bike in smallest front ring and smallest on the cassette .. its stops your jockey springs from stretching and messing with your shifting.

always best to leave your bike in smallest front ring and smallest on the cassette .. its stops your jockey springs from stretching and messing with your shifting.

Just don't forget, some very much older (~2010) derailleurs worked in reverse, where the default position is on the largest cog, hence the reverse is true.  Problem with that was that if the "indexing spring" is relaxed, the "cage spring" is tensioned and vice versa.

Good thing derailleurs changed to what we have now, both springs "relaxed" when on the smallest cogs.

Not genuine at all

1) suspension is what brand exactly?

2) head tube is very different. The new Scott bikes don't have any tapers or edges on the head tube

3) top tube to the frame is not correct

4) brake hose for the rear isn't internal

5) it's miles too cheep