Terminator

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, capediver said:

You right...partly:

From Chappies Terms of Entry site (https://www.chapmanspeakdrive.co.za/terms.html)

Runners:

Runners will not be permitted between Lookout Point and Noordhoek Corner (km 28,6 and km 33,1) during the following hours:

• Weekdays (off-peak season)
    07:00 – 08:00 & 16:30 – 18:00
    Hours of darkness
  • Weekends, Public Holidays & Peak Holiday Period (15 Dec - 5 Jan)
    10:00 – 19:00
    Hours of darkness

So yes, unfortunately they can be there when its busiest with cyclists...but logic should prevail...

In fact if they stop and walk to catch their breath then the following applies does it not?:ph34r:

Hikers and Walkers:

• Pedestrian movement between Lookout Point and Noordhoek Corner (km 28,6 and km 33,1) is prohibited at all times.

2 minutes ago, capediver said:

You right...partly:

From Chappies Terms of Entry site (https://www.chapmanspeakdrive.co.za/terms.html)

Runners:

Runners will not be permitted between Lookout Point and Noordhoek Corner (km 28,6 and km 33,1) during the following hours:

• Weekdays (off-peak season)
    07:00 – 08:00 & 16:30 – 18:00
    Hours of darkness
  • Weekends, Public Holidays & Peak Holiday Period (15 Dec - 5 Jan)
    10:00 – 19:00
    Hours of darkness

So yes, unfortunately they can be there when its busiest with cyclists...but logic should prevail...

Motorists will use the same argument against us even if there’s no guideline. We must always be careful what we want to argue and what we keep under the carpet

Just now, DieselnDust said:

Motorists will use the same argument against us even if there’s no guideline. We must always be careful what we want to argue and what we keep under the carpet

Yes of course, there rules for cyclists there as well and we have had that debate many times on this site......

There was famous scientist, recall his name was Darwin..and he had a theory...can't recall the specifics....I just heard about it....but if he's on Le Hub, maybe he could chime in with his opinion...😆

On 3/6/2024 at 8:46 PM, DieselnDust said:

This is getting confusing ..

We need Dedicated threads for

1. Bash the cyclist

2. Bash the runner

3. Bash the driver

4. Bash Council

5. Victim blaming ...

EDIT - We need a special sub-section for those "eskom workers" that apply loadshedding to their car's lights when driving in the rain and in the dark ..... surely no sane individual will not use a vehicles head lights ...

Edited by ChrisF

3 minutes ago, capediver said:

In fact if they stop and walk to catch their breath then the following applies does it not?:ph34r:

Hikers and Walkers:

• Pedestrian movement between Lookout Point and Noordhoek Corner (km 28,6 and km 33,1) is prohibited at all times.

Ok Saturday morning I’m going to tune those joggers with two feet on the ground that they’re illegal 

Im not sure how this will turn out but I’m going to pick with a “ I want to see the manager “ haircut

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

This is getting confusing ..

We need Dedicated threads for

1. Bash the cyclist

2. Bash the runner

3. Bash the driver

4. Bash Council

5. Victim blaming ...

You catch on nogal quick nuh

Well good luck to all, hope the OP related to thread are all doing well and that we see y'all back on the road soon!

There should be no runners on the route on Sunday except for those pesky photogs you sit in the middle of the road near the view point while I'm bashing out a KOM!

See you all Sunday!

Just now, capediver said:

Well good luck to all, hope the OP related to thread are all doing well and that we see y'all back on the road soon!

There should be no runners on the route on Sunday except for those pesky photogs you sit in the middle of the road near the view point while I'm bashing out a KOM!

See you all Sunday!

Your start time ?

Have a GOOD one 👍

1 minute ago, capediver said:

See you all Sunday!

You have a great ride too and don’t forget to post one of your famous videos of the ride👍🏼

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

Your start time ?

Have a GOOD one 👍

07h09....3B....gonna be a blast!

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

You have a great ride too and don’t forget to post one of your famous videos of the ride👍🏼

Shot and yip, everyone smile and wave when you pass me!!!😆

Orthopaedic follow-up scans revealed fragmented bone and strained tendon, likely from being cleated in and flung from the bike with the collision. The unexpected  news from my surgeon dented my morale and, after surfing a wave of panic, I settled down and began to prepare as the operation was scheduled within 24 hours. Prognosis looks good. However, hou ma’ duime as my case discussion meeting with Doc Johan is only tomorrow.👨🏽‍⚕️

Every few days I shed a few bandages and plasters from the abrasions. Even my spare ribs are far less painful when I bounce around on the crutches. Just call me Wolverine. 🐺

Anti-inflammatory foods on my menu include: blueberries, beetroot, ginger, avocados, salmon, walnuts (and koeksisters, rehabilitation for the soul, of course). My daily morning coffee kisses the soul too as the recovery journey is physiological, psychological, spiritual and psychosocial. 🥑🫐

Thank you for all the messages. It has an energy in it that can either build or break. Appreciate the loving kindness in every note, gesture and joke. My online community truly rocks! 🫵🏽

Be safe out there, Peoples! 💟

37559539-6B9B-4B34-A3BC-588BEAD29288.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

GLAD they found these issues early on.  Now the road to recovery can START :thumbup:

Drop a DM if you want a lift to Meerendal, just to get outside and enjoy the atmosphere.  Monday ?

Dale back to the important stuff ....

Have you spoken to Fred ?  What are you ordering ?  What colour ?

@'Dale

You are an inspiration. I admire your tenacity and grit in the face of adversity. You truly are a gentleman in the truest sense of the word. It shines forth in your pictures and now even in the midst of this trial. You are setting an example that can well be followed.

Heal up. You will be in the minds of many who ride on Sunday. 

12 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Orthopaedic follow-up scans revealed fragmented bone and strained tendon, likely from being cleated in and flung from the bike with the collision. The unexpected  news from my surgeon dented my morale and, after surfing a wave of panic, I settled down and began to prepare as the operation was scheduled within 24 hours. Prognosis looks good. However, hou ma’ duime as my case discussion meeting with Doc Johan is only tomorrow.👨🏽‍⚕️

Every few days I shed a few bandages and plasters from the abrasions. Even my spare ribs are far less painful when I bounce around on the crutches. Just call me Wolverine. 🐺

Anti-inflammatory foods on my menu include: blueberries, beetroot, ginger, avocados, salmon, walnuts (and koeksisters, rehabilitation for the soul, of course). My daily morning coffee kisses the soul too as the recovery journey is physiological, psychological, spiritual and psychosocial. 🥑🫐

Thank you for all the messages. It has an energy in it that can either build or break. Appreciate the loving kindness in every note, gesture and joke. My online community truly rocks! 🫵🏽

Be safe out there, Peoples! 💟

37559539-6B9B-4B34-A3BC-588BEAD29288.jpeg

Your feet finder career has started