This level of entitlement is not helpful to the community

Reme Le Hane

If the farmer is working that land, the last thing he wants to worry about is lycra clad mushroom heads riding around there. He most likely doesnt have great visibility out of his farming equipment and running over a cyclist is not something he wants to deal with.

Besides, the wording on the signage make me think its only temporary closure anyway.

Seems like Karen Schutte should get her panties out of a knot.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, the part he is speaking of is. They are planting something there - I would assume vineyards...

Reminds me of that section thru the vineyard at mont maree, which then got changed cause people started eating the grapes.

Problem is I think those trails are public. I do not know of any club really that is a custodian of those trails.

There's something for someone to do with a lot of time on his hands.

There's something for someone to do with a lot of time on his hands.

STF builds and maintains them, but a lot of the network is still on private land, some owned by the farms, some by the municipality and then others by the university and it sort of scattered between the uni and the muni, not like consistent blocks.

A working farm being cultivated just runs a safety risk to “visitors” and creates a legal liability nobody wants to deal with.

Quite frankly every directional marker as well as massive boards at the main entrance points and even donation request signs exist at many locations on the trail, the one and only way this chop does not know they are whom to contact, he quite literally needs to be blind and I am not sure a bike exists with some form of AI driven “guide dog” that would suffice for trail ridding.

STF builds and maintains them, but a lot of the network is still on private land, some owned by the farms, some by the municipality and then others by the university and it sort of scattered between the uni and the muni, not like consistent blocks.

A working farm being cultivated just runs a safety risk to “visitors” and creates a legal liability nobody wants to deal with.

Quite frankly every directional marker as well as massive boards at the main entrance points and even donation request signs exist at many locations on the trail, the one and only way this chop does not know they are whom to contact, he quite literally needs to be blind and I am not sure a bike exists with some form of AI driven “guide dog” that would suffice for trail ridding.

So?

Go out there and stitch them together.Do the hard graft and come up with a network like Tygerberg

Has anyone contacted the Author? 

Or sent him a link to the thread via whatsapp/telegram/smokesignal/FB Messenger/Carrier pigeon

He is busy telling Pick n Pay he used to pay R85 per KG for Ginger for the past 20 YEARS and the fact that something has now changed and it is R399 per KG is unacceptable. Unless PNP come up with a possible solution he will just be paying what he thinks is fair for the ginger.

Has anyone contacted the Author? 

Or sent him a link to the thread via whatsapp/telegram/smokesignal/FB Messenger/Carrier pigeon

I am sure Sean or one of the other committee members has been in touch

Ridding this morning from GSpot on the way to Eden and it seems the owner of the land for one of the contour crossings decided they no longer wanted riders on their land, which perfectly acceptable, it’s is private land.

Some lovely and apparently remarkably entitled person decided they wanted to write a very impolite and entitled letter to the owner and tape it to the fence, I am not sure how they expected that level of entitlement and arrogance to yield a positive result I have no idea.

It’s not like it’s the only way across, there are at least 3 other ways to cross so it’s not like we are in any way cut off, maybe just an extra km or 2 to cross over.

I have removed the damned thing as it’s definitely just going to make things worse, we want more trails not less.

14c395a83e8212805c1960c828729a41.jpg

5418053eaa8458b2f46e96f6130aa1fe.jpg

42d0233095e24b5dedd937a19cf7475b.jpg

Please remove these images for your own safety, you are in serious violation here even without intent.

Everyone can learn from this, please educate yourselves.

https://popia.co.za/

But what about their privacy

We don't need whatsapp and FB and Google to track you, in fact they are some of the hardest ways to track you. . . . . . . 

Please remove these images for your own safety, you are in serious violation here even without intent.

Please forward to all these cold calling marketing types because they seem to believe it is just words on a pdf...

I think you would struggle to convince someone the author had not intended for his/her letter to made public, by going out his/her way to mount the letter in a plastic sleeve on a very public entry way... 

POPIA is also only in effect from the 1st July 2021... 

Regardless of the entitlement in the letter....I would edit your post and cover up his phone number at least in the photo

Why?

He literally put it up in public.

Anyone dropped him a text message yet, just to say hi, or f*** off and die already?

The statement, the question, and the answer. 

Please forward to all these cold calling marketing types because they seem to believe it is just words on a pdf...

I wish i could really, since lockdown they have become a nuisance, I understand the need for work but hey don't harang me.

I was just posting so OP could see, i know he means well but it's not worth landing in hot water over some douche.

You're supposed to use comic sans or something when making a joke.

I mean you don't really believe this drivel, do you? (Even if you do, this falls way outside the intent of the act)

(Even worse, if you do believe this, you are guilty as you reposted the images of the phone number yourself)

Edited by TNT1