This level of entitlement is not helpful to the community

Reme Le Hane

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being that I am the son of a farmer, I know what trespassing on private land does to the blood pressure of a boer. If you go soeking for k@k, k@k will find you out sooner rather than later.

Instead of being an entitled asshole, rather be thankful you got to ride there for 20 years, and go seek other alternatives instead of proving to the whole world how much of a prick you really are.

The landowner does not require permission from anyone, nor does he need to apologize either.

Build a bridge. get over it.

Shees, some people darem....

I sent him a friendly whatsapp, said his letter was kicking up a bit of heat and if he wanted to defend his letter here's the link.

He gave me permission to post his reply, and might tag along later to see what is being said.  I disagree with his interpretations and actions, but I guess he has a right to his opinion here and elsewhere. I'm not sure if there is any point in me saying that people should play the ball and not the man, since I don't think i did in the first place.

Qoute"Hi Steven. I am willing to defend my notice. 

I had many of the users of the specific road supporting my opinion.
For many years the specific route had been used. There are also other informal roads on that piece of land that had been and could be used and is still there (and currently used by myself) and not interfere with agricultural activities. Similar to the roads around the university vineyard closer to Dalsig. Many people walk / run there. I have never seen anyone wandering in the vineyards rows itself. We all only enjoy being in such an open environment.
Would it not be better then to state that there are new owners / developers for the land that request that we the users rather use the other alternative roads provided (and specify the go / no go roads) in future.  Such an approach will be a winwin situation. Not just a board to turn back / wrong way without explanation.

Regards
B Schutte"

Any land owner does not need to post a board with an explanation or give an explanation. Just like when the traffic department decides to make a road a one way, remove stop signs etc. Either you obey it or you dont! and dont being the incorrect decision.
My favourite through fare on a farm in the cederberg is also going to be, or probably is closed by now. All because weekend warriors go out there, break themselves and their bikes or 4x4's all on a farmers land.  Then the farmer needs to spend his time in assisting cause majority of the guys are not prepared. 

Being that I am the son of a farmer, I know what trespassing on private land does to the blood pressure of a boer. If you go soeking for k@k, k@k will find you out sooner rather than later.

Instead of being an entitled asshole, rather be thankful you got to ride there for 20 years, and go seek other alternatives instead of proving to the whole world how much of a prick you really are.

The landowner does not require permission from anyone, nor does he need to apologize either.

Build a bridge. get over it.

Shees, some people darem....

Good answer.

It's the farmer's land. he can do with it as he sees fit. He does not require a user's permission

If I give you my personal data while you render a service to me, you are responsible for protecting it. If i scribble my details on a snotty note and put it on your windscreen (or on a gate)... well... all bets are off for me

Oh, and GDPR reminds me of an oppressive regime that did lots of doping but made good athletes

my response to this is that public on a physical piece of paper, is not the same as public on the internet. What if someone posts a notice on a community noticeboard asking for a service, or advertising something - does that give you free will to post the same notice on the internet? Posting something on a piece of paper that is intended to be restricted to a limited community of people is not remotely the same as posting it on the internet.

All that said - Mr Schutte is an idiot for posting the letter on the gate instead of making the effort to contact the farmer and discussing directly with him/her

my response to this is that public on a physical piece of paper, is not the same as public on the internet. What if someone posts a notice on a community noticeboard asking for a service, or advertising something - does that give you free will to post the same notice on the internet? Posting something on a piece of paper that is intended to be restricted to a limited community of people is not remotely the same as posting it on the internet.

All that said - Mr Schutte is an idiot for posting the letter on the gate instead of making the effort to contact the farmer and discussing directly with him/her

Well whoops

expert-penis-enlargement.jpg

ps: Thanks for nothing Eddy!

Edited by Patchelicious

I think that piece of land though is problematic if you are going to look for a specific farmer to talk to. I think that piece of land may be owned by a group, and that it is then rented out to farmers. Someone here may be able to put more spotlight on this. Many of the farms between Stellies and Somerset West operate on that principle.

LMAO, don't any of you have anything better to do that moan on this thread. Is a letter really such a big deal. So toxic this place.

I’m failing to understand the logic of Mr Schutte.

He writes a note to the land owner, and then proceeds to install  it on the wrong side of the gate.

Did he in fact write it for the land owner to see? Or did he stick it up to get attention ( achieved) and garner support for his opinion ( not achieved)

LMAO, don't any of you have anything better to do that moan on this thread. Is a letter really such a big deal. So toxic this place.

No, I'm on a long and late call with people in Chicago....

Now imagine being out on a ride and getting so annoyed that you cannot trespass, that you cycle home, write a long post, select a meh font, try to print it out, realize that you ran out of toner. Swear a few times, go have a shower, kicking off your First Ascent bibs while mumbling to yourself how they are just as good as Assos. Go to the shop (people that use paper seldom know about things like online shopping) buy some toner, whinge about the price and tell the poor pimple faced nerd at the till that its cheaper to simply buy a new printer than to buy toner cartridges. Get in your white bakkie, while trying your best to avoid making eye contact with the car guard. Drive home, shouting at some roadies on the way because "they think they own the road" as they ride 2 abreast in the emergency lane. Get home, install your toner, with a faf and a few hammer blows. Print your letter after having to get your son to help with the new setting as Vista doesn't like the HP1022 installer. Find a plastic sleeve, probably stolen our of your daughters homework file, and some sellotape, Go to bed. Wake up the next morning, still angry, put the letter in your Camelbak (no ways somebody this angry rides with bottles only), put on your Falke socks and ride up to the gate and tape your letter to a gate, "bos" back down the hill as the manne call it, and tell your friends about it over a Wimpy coffee at the local Engen.

Well whoops

expert-penis-enlargement.jpg

ps: Thanks for nothing Eddy!

No worries.

Just a word of warning, go with my guy.

Look what happened to Tyler Hamilton when he took pills from Dr Lance.....

post-50-0-33187400-1611597865.jpg

Edited by eddy

No worries.

Just a word of warning, go with my guy.

Look what happened to Tyler Hamilton when he took pills from Dr Lance.....

He wrote an award winning book!! I need those pills as you can tell from the crappy story above. Edited by Patchelicious

Now imagine being out on a ride and getting so annoyed that you cannot trespass, that you cycle home, write a long post, select a meh font, try to print it out, realize that you ran out of toner. Swear a few times, go have a shower, kicking off your First Ascent bibs while mumbling to yourself how they are just as good as Assos. Go to the shop (people that use paper seldom know about things like online shopping) buy some toner, whinge about the price and tell the poor pimple faced nerd at the till that its cheaper to simply buy a new printer than to buy toner cartridges. Get in your white bakkie, while trying your best to avoid making eye contact with the car guard. Drive home, shouting at some roadies on the way because "they think they own the road" as they ride 2 abreast in the emergency lane. Get home, install your toner, with a faf and a few hammer blows. Print your letter after having to get your son to help with the new setting as Vista doesn't like the HP1022 installer. Find a plastic sleeve, probably stolen our of your daughters homework file, and some sellotape, Go to bed. Wake up the next morning, still angry, put the letter in your Camelbak (no ways somebody this angry rides with bottles only), put on your Falke socks and ride up to the gate and tape your letter to a gate, "bos" back down the hill as the manne call it, and tell your friends about it over a Wimpy coffee at the local Engen.

This, together with finding out that 80% of the hub thinks I’m a c#nt, made my day.

What a stupid twatwassle, what he actually needs is 40 lashes across the foreskin with a wet shoelace :cursing:

This, together with finding out that 80% of the hub thinks I’m a c#nt, made my day.

All 3 of you are deviants in need of therapy. At least patch has exercised (most) of his tropes. I shall ride to the gate in the morning and see if there is a reply posted on the gate. If I get up early enough.

Edit - seems no sarcasm font or emojis working, interpret above accordingly- I’m a fan of all of yous

Edited by geomark