chainring upgrade (mtb)

Bitsy

Not related - Thread Hijack

Okay, so you use the cement road up?

Thought the quarry up and around was the correct way...

Think he is referring to THIS nasty little section ....

post-110956-0-24680400-1612364015_thumb.jpg

Stravs suggests in excess of 20% gradient .... NOT sure what the exact gradient is.

PS - saw some guys coming DOWN there on Sunday on Saturday morning .... WOW !!  They were doing low flying !!!!!!!

post-110956-0-24503500-1612364362_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisF

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this 100% related to this thread

But what BCD 1x chainring will fit this crank

1.png

7 minutes ago, Quagga said:

Not sure if this 100% related to this thread

But what BCD 1x chainring will fit this crank

@Quagga that looks like a symmetrical 96BCD. Went through the same last year when converting my wifes bike to 1x12. Could not find a chainring at all, only asymmetrical 96BCD was available.

I went and bought a new bottom bracket and crankset+chainring from Lyne.

Look at Rapide.co.za for chainring options. (PS maybe just get a ruler out next time instead of getting the wrong info on bike Hub  - see initial reply ???? )

23 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Look at Rapide.co.za for chainring options. (PS maybe just get a ruler out next time instead of getting the wrong info on bike Hub  - see initial reply ???? )

because he will need spacers to get the chainline correctly positioned

Apologies for the wrong advice. In my case everyone advised mine to be the 104bcd, turned out to be the FC-M782 XT crank which needed the 96BCD.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

I would if I could

Bike is 1000 from me and thought I would ask here in the mean time while waiting for the owner to measure

was going to suggest that you simply measure the distance between the centreline distance between two opposite bolts or simply tell us what the model number is on the back of the crank

9 hours ago, Headshot said:

I followed *** advice like that and bought 4 X oval 96bcd chainrings, which don't fit my XT cranks.

Anybody looking for 32x 96bcd red chainrings for a giveaway price of R400 each?