UAE tour 2021 on Supersport??

Ozzie NL

Race craft, understanding the final km with the twists and turns, and climbing like an angel.

Only 22 years old, the maillot jaune winner. 

Well protected by his team on the open plains.

Superb offence by Yates today.

Pic: Getty Images

sEkuwU3iCp4UzaQwxPVpZY.jpg

Absolutely, but I think Yates wasn't quite expecting Pog to put the hammer down - perhaps his head had gone back to the track? Someone needs to give him the TT from the 2020 TdF to show him of what Pog is capable.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GCN+ subscription already worth every cent :) Feed quality has actually been brilliant. I reckon if more Saffers subscribe, they will be able to steal the sole broadcast rights away from DSTV for the big events. Looks like almost everything except Tour, Paris Roubaix and a few stage races will be available for us down south this year.

This looks like a great deal. Does the app allow multiple logins at the same time like Netflix. Could not find any info on the website

Live stream on TIZ cycling everyday for those interested. It’s a good stream, commentary etc.

I unfortunately cannot get GCN+ here.

This looks like a great deal. Does the app allow multiple logins at the same time like Netflix. Could not find any info on the website

I was logged in on both and laptop today. It could be that the IP address was the same, but they both played at the same time.

I see the Maincheese had a better than expected day...good for him...

What is it about Dimension Data NTT Qhubeka Assos and the ability to make good riders useless whilst in their employ?

Some huge names have gone through the team without little to no success at the team.

Meintjes was top 10 TdF material before he joined, did diddly squat there and is now riding with the greats in his first race afterwards....bizarre.

Edited by Eldron

jeez, imagine the pain & watts during that looooong attacks by Yates. It was good to watch. :thumbup:

He really did try his best to drop Pogacar, those attacks looked really painful.

Respect.

But Pogacar is just on another level.

Froome Dawg out of the back floating up Jebel Hafeet, the highest point in UAE.

Valverde too.

Jebel Jais is actually the highest point in the UAE. That climb is still coming. Around 23km long but not as steep as Hafeet.

Yesterday was actually in my town which was great. We don’t really have much variety in terms of terrain here but the two mountains here are pretty fantastic world tour level climbs. Both are proper tough climbs and harder than anything we have in the Cape. 

Jebel Jais is actually the highest point in the UAE. That climb is still coming. Around 23km long but not as steep as Hafeet.

Yesterday was actually in my town which was great. We don’t really have much variety in terms of terrain here but the two mountains here are pretty fantastic world tour level climbs. Both are proper tough climbs and harder than anything we have in the Cape.

You stay in Al Ain?

Those giving Froome a hard time, and I’m not his biggest fan, probably don’t know his training program and what he is hoping to get out of the races he is doing. Just because he is being dropped on a climb doesn’t mean he isn’t up to it.

Geraint Thomas said he was there for race intensity and not results, at the Etoile de Bessèges - Tour du Grand, and also at the Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var.

Do I expect him to win the Tour? No

Will he be a top 10? Not sure at this point. Time will tell.

What is it about Dimension Data NTT Qhubeka Assos and the ability to make good riders useless whilst in their employ?

Some huge names have gone through the team without little to no success at the team.

Meintjes was top 10 TdF material before he joined, did diddly squat there and is now riding with the greats in his first race afterwards....bizarre.

Its been a question for so long...

In corporate life, a poor performing team is highly likely because of a poorly performing leadership team. 

I would guess we'll have to wait for someone to publishes a telltale book of sorts to have a view on the real reasons...

Anyway I am chuffed for him, a SAFFA to shout for!!