Sealant in road tubes

peevee

Our first shipment of OrangeSeal lands in RSA in +-8 weeks.

i'll post back here as soon as we have it in stock

i know it's a long lead time.

it's our first shipment. OrangeSeal manufacture per order to ensure the sealant is nice and fresh

That's great news.

I put Joe's normal sealant in my front tyre and checked what it looked like after 2 months... the tyre was completely dry inside. I had zero issues with Orange Seal balling up or drying out after 6 months. That was the case with the original formula and the endurance variant. Maybe it helps that I use the bike 3/4 times a week so it is constantly flushing around the inside of the tyre

Edited by Andreas_187

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everything is a conspiracy theory - I just love the product. Used it in the shop for years and it has won nearly every review/shoot out/comparison it's been in.

Use it don't use it - your choice.

Here is a grab from their site. I know some of their wheels have lower pressure limits but never heard of their sealant having a pressure limit. If you have some intel I'm always happy to be proven wrong.

+100000

My experience with Enduro after three months of topping up.  Granted, not a road wheel but gravel.

Too liquid in my opinion and the Ammonia smell is really significant.  Stans works for me. 

in the now 3 years I've been using Enduro Seal I've never seen the remains of the sealant look like that

and there's never an ammonia smell

I've been using Enduro seal for the last 2 or so years with Gatorskins. Only 2 flats in that time. I top up every 3 to 6 months when I can remember and only buy tubes with removable cores

Orange Seal Regular uses the Traditional Latex + Ammonia + Various Sizes of Particles + "Top Secret"

Formula.

It works very well if you Add a New Charge Every 30 Days.

Everything U need to know.

https://www.treadbikely.com/orange-seal-tubeless-sealant-review/

Not true, have had a dose of regular Orange Seal in my tyres for at least 4/5 months. I normally change the tyre before the sealant dries up

Oange seal is rated as 3rd place in effectiveness and most expensive between the comparisons in the link. Granted I've never had any sealant seal any puncture so am very biased, but why is there such a hype for Orange seal? Teach this sealant hater a bit, please?

Sealant for road and MTB are two completely different things

Not true, have had a dose of regular Orange Seal in my tyres for at least 4/5 months. I normally change the tyre before the sealant dries up

Probably it will fail to Seal if you have a Puncture

Manufacturers Specification from their Website.

post-119568-0-15457200-1616427538.jpg

OS_product_info_sheet2.pdf

Sealant for road and MTB are two completely different things

Orange Seal Works in All Tubes, MTB Tubeless and Road Tubeless (Same Bottle Choice of 3 Grades Regular, Endurance, Sub Zero)

in the now 3 years I've been using Enduro Seal I've never seen the remains of the sealant look like that

and there's never an ammonia smell

I second that

This is the video I watched 4 years ago which convinced me to go tubeless. This is my experience with Orange Seal for 4 years.

Since I haven't been able to get hold of it I can tell you from personal experience that Stan's (normal and race), Sludge and Joe's (normal and road) will not seal those holes at anything over 70psi.

i think there is more to just which is the best sealant. OrangeSeal has a very good name behind them and are leading the way in the States and Europe.

i think it also comes down to the tires used

i have recently moved away from Schwalbe tires as i find they weep all the time - this must lead to sealant drying out. 

Time will tell if the Maxxis tires do the same

I have only ever used Schwalbe Pro One's until now (the importers have been out of stock for 6 months). I have a Cadex on the front which is OK for the meantime.

Where are the Schwalbe's weeping from?

Hearing of the weeping issues is interesting.

Perhaps I just haven't noticed.

What is OrangeSeal's position on "bombs".?