Go-to chiropractor in Gauteng for alignment issues on the bike

Hi Hubbers,

Looking to see if anyone has some good experience with a medical professional in Gauteng who has helped with alignments issues on the bike. Not a bike fitter, but someone who can work on the body itself.

I've been struggling to get symmetrical and comfortable on the bike, and somehow always feel "twisted", for the lack of a better term. Somehow feels like I can't reach both hoods equally and as if my legs are not doing the same thing.

I've been to a physio before, but did not get any improvements after doing the work. I have a suspicion that you need someone with a better understanding of the human-bike interface.

Any one else struggle to feel like their sitting straight on the bike, or am I indeed uniquely screwed up here?

Thanks for the recommendations!

As sad as your situation is I am very distrustful of chiropractors.

From everything I read and hear it is pretty much pseudo science.  Not saying it does not work for some but it has disastrous effects on some.

The practice is based in mysticism and is pseudo science at best.

Hi Hubbers,

Looking to see if anyone has some good experience with a medical professional in Gauteng who has helped with alignments issues on the bike. Not a bike fitter, but someone who can work on the body itself.

I've been struggling to get symmetrical and comfortable on the bike, and somehow always feel "twisted", for the lack of a better term. Somehow feels like I can't reach both hoods equally and as if my legs are not doing the same thing.

I've been to a physio before, but did not get any improvements after doing the work. I have a suspicion that you need someone with a better understanding of the human-bike interface.

Any one else struggle to feel like their sitting straight on the bike, or am I indeed uniquely screwed up here?

Thanks for the recommendations!

From everything I read and hear it is pretty much pseudo science.  Not saying it does not work for some but it has disastrous effects on some.

shots fired...

i'd be careful - they are registered as Dr's for a reason. 

Edited by Furbz

I'm sure the OP asked for a recommendation on which chiropractor to use and not your own personal opinion on what you believe they are or if they work. 

Boxerulez is correct; it is a pseudoscience and a lot of people don't realise that, which is unfortunate. It's all very well detailed by the Illuminati on Wikipedia

Boxerulez is correct; it is a pseudoscience and a lot of people don't realise that, which is unfortunate. It's all very well detailed by the Illuminati on Wikipedia.

Huh.

Learn something new everyday

Huh.

Learn something new everyday

Like “if it’s on wikipedia it has to be true”? *comic sans* Edited by Steady Spin

Wow. Thanks so much for all the suggestions. Love this community.

While not exactly my question, do appreciate the opinion from @boxerulez. I'm very, very skeptical myself, but so desperate for a solution at this point, that I'm considering it.

Went to a few physios, but no joy. Not only that, but received such contradictory advice from the folks whose CV's suggested they are the best in the business. As en example- one told me to ONLY stretch one side to fix the asymmetry. Another told me to ALWAYS stretch both sides and the correction will come. One said to focus on weight training, such as deadlifts, the next told my deadlifts will exacerbate my problems and that they should specifically be avoided. Both of these were leaders in the field and have worked with national teams. So I'm banging my head in frustration at this point.

Perhaps to rephrase the question- has anyone every experience such asymmetries and discomfort on the bike and what has worked or not worked?

Look forward to your insights! 

Wow. Thanks so much for all the suggestions. Love this community.

While not exactly my question, do appreciate the opinion from @boxerulez. I'm very, very skeptical myself, but so desperate for a solution at this point, that I'm considering it.

Went to a few physios, but no joy. Not only that, but received such contradictory advice from the folks whose CV's suggested they are the best in the business. As en example- one told me to ONLY stretch one side to fix the asymmetry. Another told me to ALWAYS stretch both sides and the correction will come. One said to focus on weight training, such as deadlifts, the next told my deadlifts will exacerbate my problems and that they should specifically be avoided. Both of these were leaders in the field and have worked with national teams. So I'm banging my head in frustration at this point.

Perhaps to rephrase the question- has anyone every experience such asymmetries and discomfort on the bike and what has worked or not worked?

Look forward to your insights!

Have you tried biokinetics?