947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ouzo said:

Is it wrong that I really like the branded kit they have this year?

will I look like a dork if I wear it a few years down the line ?image.png.51150a2fc0367ed2d5555de5cfeeb3ef.png

I still have mine from the first year I did the race (it was my third actual jersey back then). But I agree, these do actually look good. If I did not have an entire stack that I am not wearing enough I would get one. Also srew the rules and what others think, wear what you like. 

Also my original 947 jersey was when I was 20kg heavier, so looks horrible on me now, but after the 6 hours of suffering in it I am not letting go. 

On 11/9/2021 at 2:41 PM, Blokman said:

I'm wondering for how long race no collection will last in the future. I feel for blokes who need to sell some product . But to make a rule that no bulk collections will be allowed in these times is not very clever. With the worries about Covid collecting in bulk makes sense . What is better . Putting people into time slots  or one person just collecting twenty packs ? And how many may we collect, two maybe three ? 

Some people or clubs from far away only arrive on the evening of the race. Will somebody be allowed to collect for them ?

It's just a race pack and a number. Online please. Thanks for entering, here's your voucher. Collect your bottle, deodorant and vitamins at Dischem at your own leisure. See you at the start. 

This is very vague. On the one point they state: NO BULK COLLECTIONS. The very next point they explain the rules for someone that collects on your behalf. So what is BULK then? More than 10/20? 

On 11/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, JJDT said:

So how many hubbers have done more than 15 including this year?

From the posts so far I know the following...

Spinnekop = 21

Frosti = 19

JJDT = 17

Please feel free to edit/add your name. Would be interesting to see the numbers.

I will have done more than 15 but don't know the exact number

15 minutes ago, Mokgaga said:

if i knew about the Covid vaccination requirement i wouldn't have entered. i think i will give the road race a miss this year...

Or you can just have a rapid antigen test. Takes 15 minutes.

18 hours ago, Mokgaga said:

if i knew about the Covid vaccination requirement i wouldn't have entered. i think i will give the road race a miss this year...

And next year probably too?

19 hours ago, I FLY said:

I will have done more than 15 but don't know the exact number

Will be my official 20th but unofficial 21st (I did one race with the wrong timing chip and although I mailed them my GPX and Garmin files - RaceTec was willing to add my time to their records but the organizers blatantly refused saying it is a disqualification and klaar!)

And then:

1 x race had bad crash and had to abandon to go to hospital

Edited by pedal menace