SUIKERBOS SBR current state

ZamaK

I was there on Sunday.  The current state is just fine.  Only problem was I wanted to stop at the picnic area more or less halfway for a break, but sadly it is/was closed, not sure what the reason is, maybe in a crap condition due to non existent maintenance.

Besides that all is fine and for sure yes take all the liquids you need with you.

Edit:

Entrance: R45/Adult, R35/Pensioner or Child (3-11 years)
Vehicles: R35/Car, R45/Combi (<14 seats), R55/Minibus (15-30 seats), R85/Bus (>30 seats)

Edited by TheoG

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, INDABUSCHE said:

Which entrance did you use - was it the one off the N3 Durban Highway? Cheers

Yes, I came from the R59 from Alberton though.  But yes its the same entrance.

Also had a ride there during the festive break. Road condition is actually a little better as they've fixed some of the holes and that one deepish groove just after the halfway point / second gate (assuming you start at the northern gate). With all the rain the veld is looking lush too.

I did a full + short loop, went up the first climb the quickest I ever have, feeling stoked, when a group of four dudes came flying past me on the rollers that follow making it seem like I was searching for parking. I did a 2:40 full loop on the gravel bike, so its not like I was dawdling. Humbled. 

6 hours ago, TheoG said:

I was there on Sunday.  The current state is just fine.  Only problem was I wanted to stop at the picnic area more or less halfway for a break, but sadly it is/was closed, not sure what the reason is, maybe in a crap condition due to non existent maintenance.

Besides that all is fine and for sure yes take all the liquids you need with you.

Edit:

Vehicles: R35/Car, R45/Combi (<14 seats), R55/Minibus (15-30 seats), R85/Bus (>30 seats)

Haven’t been in close to two years, but I know the picnic site has been closed for many years.

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

Haven’t been in close to two years, but I know the picnic site has been closed for many years.

Last time I was there is about 3 years ago, it was still open then, in poor condition but still open.

We rode through there on Sunday, all good.  Just be on the look out for gravel that washed across the road in some of the bends.

Some riders were using the other gate ...

17 hours ago, TheoG said:

Edit:

37 minutes ago, ouzo said:

and costs people please

18 hours ago, TheoG said:

Edit:

Scroll up as TheoG posted/edited  it.

Edited by Frosty

Was there last week Thursday. Used the main entrance. Kareekloof entrance is closed

Road conditions were near perfect. Came across 1 small pothole

Lots of animals now.

Note that you have to pay at the main building. I had to pay R80 for taking a car in with my bike (Car R35 and cyclist R45) and payment by card only.

They had alot of workers there cleaning up the area. The toilets are in working order. The picnic area is closed so carry enough fluids

12 minutes ago, Firozfx said:

Was there last week Thursday. Used the main entrance. Kareekloof entrance is closed

Lots of animals now.

Note that you have to pay at the main building. I had to pay R80 for taking a car in with my bike (Car R35 and cyclist R45) and payment by card only.

They had alot of workers there cleaning up the area. The toilets are in working order. The picnic area is closed so carry enough fluids

I payed at the main entrance gate on Sunday.

27 minutes ago, Firozfx said:

Lots of animals now.

Thanks for the info and Bring it!

I'm off to SA soon and SBR is definitely on my to do list. Man I love that place.