SUIKERBOS SBR current state

ZamaK

18 minutes ago, Sitting@89 said:

Ha ha, no it really isn’t, and also the guards there have NO sense of humour. I eventually had to point out to them exactly what bad shape my companions were in, and that the added 30ks to Heidelberg side would kill them, asked him if he was keen to deal with the admin on that, he didn't seem to find it quite as funny as I did! Matter of fact, neither did the two of them! 

Luckily for me this incident played out before any serious climbing or distance in the legs, or I might have been the dead one!

I see the Strava profile image is the same as your BH profile image. Is this your ride?

image.png.4c6a095b02b70f23aaee69e83d3f56b0.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I see the Strava profile image is the same as your BH profile image. Is this your ride?

image.png.4c6a095b02b70f23aaee69e83d3f56b0.png

Guilty as charged

I was there today. 

roads are not in the best state, although no worse than normal public roads. But there are many places where gravel and rocks have washed into the road, not great when your hurtling through a bend at high speed and find it in your path. 

also way to many people going the wrong way around today. 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:25 PM, ouzo said:

weather is looking crap for sunday, but if its not I'll probably head out there, mates were supposed to join me but as soon as I locked down dates they went very quiet, so I might do it alone.

I want to put my legs to the test, and then see how much work I need to do to be able to double loop it.

mates were supposed to join me but as soon as I locked down dates they went very quiet, so I might do it alone.

This right here means i must also give it a skip 😆

10 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

mates were supposed to join me but as soon as I locked down dates they went very quiet, so I might do it alone.

This right here means i must also give it a skip 😆

after yesterday I want to go and see what I can do at my pace.

I am concerned about safety though, there are parts around there where I have no cell signal, would hate to come off the bike and need assistance but cant get hold of anyone.

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

after yesterday I want to go and see what I can do at my pace.

I am concerned about safety though, there are parts around there where I have no cell signal, would hate to come off the bike and need assistance but cant get hold of anyone.

Yeah its a long walk back if you have a flat and left your spare and tools behind.

If you are riding by yourself, just don't take risks on those downhills.

14 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

Yeah its a long walk back if you have a flat and left your spare and tools behind.

If you are riding by yourself, just don't take risks on those downhills.

already after coming through the first downhill bend and finding rocks and gravel in the road I was extra cautious yesterday, slowing right down to give plenty room to take evasive action through the bends

I rode a lap yesterday and loved it. Man I miss SBR!

Overall road condition is pretty good - some rocks and debri on the hairpin downhill but there was a crew working on it as we passed.

I was shocked to see the dam empty! The dam wall looks like it was breached and washed away.

The recent rain has left the place looking green and awesome - not too much game visible though.

Tough lap - especially when you live in a pan flat city at sea level where the current temp is sub zero 🙂

1 hour ago, Eldron said:

I rode a lap yesterday and loved it. Man I miss SBR!

Overall road condition is pretty good - some rocks and debri on the hairpin downhill but there was a crew working on it as we passed.

I was shocked to see the dam empty! The dam wall looks like it was breached and washed away.

The recent rain has left the place looking green and awesome - not too much game visible though.

Tough lap - especially when you live in a pan flat city at sea level where the current temp is sub zero 🙂

The dam was empty, but all other catchment areas were nice and full.

Glad to hear they were cleaning up the rocks etc. in the road.

Other than birds, the only other wildlife we saw was a loan wildebeest

Edited by ouzo

Greetings All,

We want to do the Circus SBR ride on Saturday.

Can anyone confirm if the Southern gate is accessible. (The one closest to Circus accessed from the R557 - called the Kareekloof gate)

I believe it burnt down and you cannot pay to enter there?

TIA

1 minute ago, Rob K said:

Greetings All,

We want to do the Circus SBR ride on Saturday.

Can anyone confirm if the Southern gate is accessible. (The one closest to Circus accessed from the R557 - called the Kareekloof gate)

I believe it burnt down and you cannot pay to enter there?

TIA

it was very much closed 2 weeks ago when I was there. Doubt it will open for a long time.

9 minutes ago, ouzo said:

it was very much closed 2 weeks ago when I was there. Doubt it will open for a long time.

That seems to be the case - Thanks ouzo.

Looks like we'll have to forget about the circus portion.

Just now, Rob K said:

That seems to be the case - Thanks ouzo.

Looks like we'll have to forget about the circus portion.

park at circus and ride around to the other gate, its a good warmup.

25 minutes ago, ouzo said:

park at circus and ride around to the other gate, its a good warmup.

I wanted to do that but cannot see a safe route.

The southern route takes you vis Seine road (which is gravel - this is a road ride for this group) and the northern side seems pretty busy traffic wise (R59 and Heidleberg rd)